Chapter 23: Cassandra

The pain finally stopped, subsiding to a low dull then completely disappearing. I let out a shaky breath attempting to get back my strength. Was it Josiah again? I couldn't tell, he had changed so much since I met him, but something was definitely wrong. I glanced up at the guard that stood outside of my cell with a smirk on his face, I wanted nothing more than to scratch it off of his face.

"I love watching you wolves squirm." The guard grinned, revealing his crooked teeth.

"Those mates of yours must not be all that loyal seeing as how they are probably sleeping with another she-wolf." The guard snickered as he turned his back and went back to his duty of guarding my cell. Turning my back I tune into my senses as I try mind linking with one of my mates, it's taking everything I've got but it'll be worth the try.

I feel a mental barrier pushing against my mind not allowing me to do as I please, it's probably from the wolfsbane, I ignore it pushing increasingly harder. 'Josiah, Jeremiah!' I growl in my head as I feel the barrier break shattering the insufferable walls of my mind. 'CASSANDRA!' Josiah's voice rushed into my head, his voice sounding panicked. 'Where are you love? Are you okay?! ' Jeremiah chimes in with the same amount of panic. 'I'm fine, for now. They've been pumping me full of wolfsbane by putting it into my food. Unfortunately I haven't been eating, so I have very little strength.' I link back, keeping my back turned to the guard I keep my senses as sharp as my weakened body will allow me.

'Where are you?' Josiah demanded through the link. 'I do not know. I was unconscious when I woke up here. The moon goddess came to me in a dream...something about me being the chosen one.' I mentioned wanting to keep it at the front of my mind. 'The moon goddess?' Jeremiah questioned confusion in his tone. 'Yes, somehow I get out of this, but I haven't figured out how. My guess is that he is keeping me in the cells on his pack lands.' Jeremiah grunted through the mind link. 'Not possible.' Jeremiah stated firmly. 'What do you mean, not possible? It is the only place he could take me.' I argued. Jeremiah needed to get his head out of his ass and listen to me. 'His pack lands do not have cells. His pack has been known to not take prisoners. There is no way he would have any cells.' Jeremiah confirmed as if he knew Greyson's lands like the back of his hand. 'What makes you so sure?' I grumbled wanting to cross my arms childishly, but did not since it was not the time nor the place.

Josiah sighed through the link. 'We have been to his lands previously, before we met you. Being the strongest pack in America prompted us to visit all surrounding packs, his being the closest.' Josiah explained which made sense. We did have the strongest pack, and having two alphas are very uncommon in the shifter world. Honestly, everything about our situation was uncommon. Tremors shook though my body as the realization hit me, Jeremiah was right. I was not on his pack lands, it would be far too easy for them to storm them and take me back. Focusing I let the unknown feeling swallow me up. With my eyes closed I felt my soul begin to leave my body drifting up and away from my physical form. I float around glancing at my surroundings. Looking up I propel my soul forward and through the stone ceiling that trapped me. As I glanced around the dark forest I realized that I was not far from my father's...brother's pack. I was maybe 25 miles south of them.

Releasing my grip on my unknown power my soul slammed back into my body. Gasping I choked on the extended time with a lack of air. 'Love? Are you okay?' Jeremiah's soothing voice called out to me through the link. 'I'm fine. I don't know how, but I was able to see where I am.' I confirmed. 'How? But more importantly, where are you?' Josiah asked urgency in his voice. 'About 25 miles south of my brothers pack.' I started quickly. 'Hurry, I don't know how much longer I have left until they decide what they are going to do with me.' Josiah and Jeremiah grunted in response before our connection died out. Turning around I see the guard still standing with his back to me. I have to think of a plan and quick, goddess only knows what Greyson has up his sleeve.

The metal doors leading to the cells creak open catching my attention and causing me to raise my guard. A short older woman gingerly walks down the stairs and towards my cell her eyes locked on mine and never wavering.

"Hello." her scratchy voice greets. Her eyes were a stark grey that blended in well with her already dark and broody appearance.

"Who are you?" I growl out keeping my back firm against the wall behind me.

"The secret source alpha Greyson has been using. Thanks to him I have been able to avoid the witch counsel, as well as my death." Suddenly her appearance began to change, her wrinkly skin smoothing out and tightening. Her long grey hair reverting to a pitch black that stood out on her ebony smooth skin. Finally, her eyes flashed between grey and red settling on red. Who was she? I've never seen someone like her before. She was curvy thoroughly with a tall figure, she definitely had a strong confident air around her.

"I am Gisele, the wicked witch of the land. Wanted for a misuse of magic and spells. And you," She looked me up and down with a grimace.

"Must be the chosen one, chosen by Greyson himself." Gisele sauntered through the cell doors, her hips swaying seductively in the process.

"Why are you in here?" I asked pushing myself further into the cold wall.

"Because, it's time for you to become his queen." Gisele announced with a sly smirk.