Chapter 22: Josiah

Panic consumed me as I shoved through each and every room. Growling I slam my fist into the wall, my chest heaving.

"Calm down she has to be in here somewhere." Jeremiah attempted to calm me, but it wasn't working. I couldn't FEEL her, it was like she had never been here.

"I don't feel her brother! She is not here." I growl once again begging to pace in our office. After running the perimeter we found nothing, just the trail of some rogues and a faint smell of Greyson. After arriving back at the pack house and releasing the other pack members from lock down Lily was confused that we had not seen Cassandra. Something just is not right, Cassandra would never disappear...although she did once, but we are mated now and with her consent something was definitely wrong.

"Jeremiah! Josiah!" Our sweet mates' voices rang from outside. Dropping everything Jeremiah and I rushed outside to find Cassandra standing outside. Rushing up to her I wrap my arms around her crushing her to my chest.

"Jesus, Cass! You had us worried sick. We told you to stay with the others. Why did you come out?" Jeremiah grabbed her face, his body physically relaxing as he realized she was unhurt.

"I'm sorry, I just got so worried. I wouldn't be a good Luna if I didn't protect my pack." She purred, which was off putting, she did not sound like herself. Her voice was...different. Shrugging it off we lead her inside wanting to go back to our normal life.

A couple weeks later I could not help feeling like something was off. Cassandra was being more clingy than she usually was, she did not seem like herself. She was being nasty towards the other females, refused to spend any time with Lily or Serenity, and would not speak to Aoife. The same uneasy feeling crept up my spine the more I thought about how much my mate had changed.

"Gamma Aoife." I called from my office knowing that he was stationed outside of my door.

"Yes, Alpha." He comes into my office standing at attention.

"Tell me...you are close with my mate, correct?" I ask leaning back in my chair.

"Yes, Alpha. Are you concerned about her?" Aoife responds by relaxing his stance and allowing emotion to appear on his face. Concern swam in his eyes, I know that they had grown a bond and I am sure he would notice a change in her.

"Yes...she seems different. Jeremiah does not seem to think so. I do not even feel the sparks anymore, I cannot mind link her. It's like our bond was broken or never existed." Aoife nods in response, realization hitting his face.

"Whoever that is with Alpha Jeremiah is not my Luna or friend. She smells horrid. I had noticed her scent changed the day she went missing then arrived later. She smelt as if someone had just dug her up from a grave." Aoife wrinkles his nose in disgust.

"Do you have any idea what could have happened?" Aoife nods slowly as he thinks.

"I think it may be the work of a witch. I would not put it past Greyson to involve himself with their kind." That's it. That's why my mate does not feel like my mate. It's not her, a witch must have put a spell on another wolf to disguise her as Cassandra. But where could Cassandra be? The only way to block a bond between mates and pack members was to use large amounts of wolfsbane.

"You are right. That is not Cassandra." Standing up from my desk I dismiss him and head towards our bedroom.

"Brother!" I growl as I stalk down the hallway. Throwing open the bedroom door I find Jeremiah sunken balls deep in the She wolf. The girl moaned under him as he thrust deeper inside of her.

"GET AWAY FROM HER." I growl yanking him by his shoulder.

"What the hell!" Jeremiah growls shoving me backwards, his chest heaving in anger.

"That—" I point towards the bed. The girl lay splayed on the bed her hands roaming her body and moving down towards her sex. "Is not our mate!" Jeremiah's eyes grow wide in shock as he looks between me and the girl.

"What are you talking about? Of course that's her!" Jeremiah argues back growling at me.

"Try mind linking her." I state grossing my arms over my chest. Jeremiah gives me a wary look before his eyes glaze over as he tries to mind link her. Jeremiah's face twists in anger as he realizes that the woman who looks like Cassandra is not our mate.

"Who the hell are you!" Jeremiah growls, grabbing the girl by her throat and shoving her against the wall. The girl laughed as her body began to change, she grew in height, her skin changed color.

"Madison?" Jeremiah and I gasped. Jeremiah released his grip on her letting her fall to the ground.

"Surprise." She chuckled standing up and rubbing her bruised neck.

"Cassandra killed you..." Jeremiah shook his head in disbelief taking a step back.

"It was a witch. Greyson is working with one, which means we do not have much time before they break our bond." I explain glaring down at Madison in the process.

"We have to find her!" Jeremiah panicked.

"I am assuming Madison..." Madison gulped as I looked at her with a sinister smile.

"Knows where they may be keeping her." Grabbing Madison by her hair I drag her through the house passing pack members who gasped in horror.

"Gamma Aoife, Beta Bryan. Meet us in the cells." Yelling out I continue my way downstairs towards the cells where we kept prisoners, if needed.

Jeremiah joined me shortly after fully clothed and seething with anger.

"Are you going to make this easy or do we have to torture it out of you?" I question Madison as I pace back and forth in front of her cell. Madison sat in the middle of the cell with silver chains around her ankles, wrists, and neck. Madison simply growled in response.

"Why the hell should I tell you?" She barked, snapping her teeth at me.

"Because I will make your second death as painless as possible." I chuckle with a smirk.

"I do not owe loyalty to you." She growls lowly.

"Looked like loyalty when I caught you screwing my brother looking like our mate." I yell slamming my fist against the bars leaving them bent and broken.

"Alpha!" Serenity calls rushing down the stairs. I watch Aoife physically tense and slow his breathing at the arrival of his mate.

"Yes, Serenity?" Jeremiah answers, turning his attention away from Madison.

"I had a vision, I know where Cassandra is!" Jeremiah and I shared a look nodding in agreement at our unspoken plan.

"Aoife, Bryan, gather up our fastest and strongest warriors. We leave in two hours." Firing orders I begin to walk away before stopping.

"Jeremiah, would you like to do the honors?" I ask, giving him a sly smirk. Jeremiah returns the gesture as he stalks into Madison's cell. Jeremiah proceeded to rip her limb from limb, leaving her head for last as she screams out in agony begging for him to kill her. Taking my leave I head upstairs followed by a laughing Serenity. Do not worry my love, we are on our way.