Chapter 14: Jeremiah

I watched Cassandra sleep, her body relaxed between mine and Josiah's. Our marks lay on both sides of her neck, where puncture wounds once were now replaced by our matching patterns of three wolves howling at the moon. Our legs were intertwined, her back pressed against my chest, and her arm thrown over Josiah's chest holding him to her. She slept so peacefully, this is the first time we three have shared a bed and I was loving every second of it. Cassandra stirred in her sleep, her eyebrows furrowing as she began to wake up. Josiah was still asleep snoring rather loudly, his snoring being the possible culprit to waking up our mate.

"Good morning, Love." I smiled as she opened her eyes further. Happiness shone in her eyes for the first time since I had met her. 'I can't believe I get to wake up to these two every morning.' She sang in her head as she watched me with an adoring stare. 'I can hear you love, I love waking up to you as well.' I responded through the link her face twisted in embarrassment as a subtle pink glowed against her cocoa skin.

"Why don't you go get ready then we can go down for breakfast. Afterwards we'll take a walk around the pack and welcome the newcomers." Cassandra nodded as she crawled over Josiah stopping as his hands came up to her waist holding her on top of him.

"Where do you think you are going?" His voice husky as he asks. Hunger swims in his eyes as he watches her, she wiggles trying to escape his grasp. She squeaks suddenly, her hands flying up to her face in embarrassment.

"If you keep wiggling like that I won't be able to hold myself back." He chuckles watching her in amusement. Cassandra breaks out of his grasp running into the bathroom and closing the door behind her. "Don't tease her so early in the morning." I muse chuckling at their early morning antics.

"Alpha Greyson is coming to visit today." Josiah starts as he sits up out of bed. Doing the same I walk over to our dresser pulling out a pair of jeans, a black t-shirt, and underwear for Cassandra.

"The arrogant alpha of the south?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. Greyson seldom visited other packs, primarily because he doesn't want to leave his pack open to being taken from under his nose. Although Josiah and I could do it without breaking a sweat.

"That one. His beta called the other day to inform us of his arrival, although he never specified a time. He claimed Greyson wanted it to be a 'surprise.'" Josiah rolled his eyes. He and I shared a similar distaste for Greyson. He was arrogant, insisted he had the strongest pack in the south, and claimed that the moon goddess didn't give him a mate in order for him to pick the strongest female to be his Luna and make him alpha king. The last part being impossible, he had a mate, he just rejected her since she wasn't of alpha blood. Alpha females are rare, many Luna's birthed sons for their mates in order to keep the Alpha males in the family.

"We'll just have to be on guard then, and he is not to go anywhere near our mate." I finish turning my attention back to getting ready. For myself I pull out the same thing, wanting to match with my mate.

"You're whipped." Josiah teased as he pulled out the same clothing.

"Whipped, huh" I said nodding at his clothing choice. Josiah scowled at me grumbling under his breath.

Cassandra came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her. Her hair hung in curls around her giving her the glow of a goddess. I hold out my hand for her, taking it immediately I pull her into my arms enjoying the feel of her skin on mine.

"What are you doing?" She giggled as she ran her hand over my chest. Smiling down at her I place a sweet kiss to her lips, Josiah stalking over to us and doing the same.

After getting ready we head downstairs for breakfast, as usual Elaine has a plate set out for each of us. For the first morning, we had a peaceful breakfast. Josiah and I held our hands on Cassandra's thighs as we continued to eat while enjoying each other's company. After eating we head outside to give Cassandra for our walk.

"We are adding more land after taking over some of the surrounding packs." Josiah explained as we walked. His arm was wrapped protectively around Cassandra's waist, while my hand was intertwined with hers.

"Why did you take over those packs?" She asked looking up at us.

"Many reasons, the current alpha is unfit to rule his pack, the alpha was killed by a rogue and the pack has been taken over, the pack and alpha are causing problems with their neighboring packs." I explain listing off the reasons.

"Alpha!" A voice calls. Turning around we see gamma Aoife and beta Bryan running towards us.

"What is wrong?" I asked looking between them.

"The Alpha is here, he is waiting in your office." Bryan reports.

"WHY DIDN'T ONE OF YOU LINK US? Goddess, why did you leave him alone?" Josiah bellows in anger.

"We had tried, alpha, but he told us not to and that this was supposed to be a surprise. Although I'm sure you were informed beforehand." Aoife explained.

"We knew he would be coming just not when he would be arriving." Josiah shook his head storming off towards our office. Picking up Cassandra I chase after him, hoping that he doesn't do anything rash.

Josiah stormed through the halls of the pack house with Cassandra and I following close behind him, coming to a stop in front of my door. Opening the door he reveals Alpha Greyson sitting on the couch across from my desk spinning a pen between his forefinger and thumb, he turns around with a sinister smile on his face.

"Hello, Alpha Stone's." He greeted us. Out of instinct I pull Cassandra close behind me keeping her out of his sight.

"Hello, Greyson." Josiah greeted calmly. Walking over to my desk he pulls in his chair from his office placing it next to mine. We take our seats, Cassandra slipping onto Josiah's lap hiding her head into his neck. 'What has gotten into her?' I link him. He simply shrugs, bringing his hand up to rub her back.

"What do you need?" I asked him with a pointed look. Greyson was the one Alpha I had no patience for, he has overstepped his boundaries one too many times.

"I can't come to visit my favorite alpha's" He joked, his eyes zeroing in on our mate.

"And I see you've met your mate? Is she a shy one? Any wolf knows they should bow to an alpha." He spits in disgust. Cassandra growled against Josiah's neck keeping her face hidden. 'Behave, love.' I linked to Cassandra earning another growl from her, what is going on with her?

"I would appreciate it if you kept your comments about our mate to yourself." Josiah interrupted.

"Growling at an alpha?" He growled standing from his chair. Cassandra continued to growl pushing herself further into Josiah. Standing up I glare at Greyson.

"Watch what you say about OUR mate on OUR land." I growl, taking a seat Greyson straightens out his suit regaining his composure. He runs his hands over his slicked back blond hair.

"Have you even found your mate yet?" Josiah inquired, narrowing his eyes at him.

"No, I had my eye on a certain wolf I had met 3 years ago, yet I have been unable to find her. Which is what brings me to your pack. I wanted to check and see if she was here." He explained drifting off into silence. A ferocious growl shook the room as Cassandra leaped from Josiah's lap and onto the desk. Her hand reached out and grabbed Greyson by the collar yanking him forward.

"I am not yours and never will be!" She bit out with venom as she bared her teeth at him threateningly. My eyes widened in realization, Greyson is the alpha that tried to claim Cassandra.