It's not just black and white.

I forgot to credit the artist of the art above, sorry about that it was done by InsecureOmens thanks again so much for letting me borrow it!

50 minutes earlier

Aziraphale's POV

I panted as the portal dropped me in heaven, it shook me every time no matter how often I went up there. I made it behind a pillar seconds before I would have been seen, lucky enough for me Gabriel walked right passed. I exhaled quietly and walked down the hall. To my great distaste, everything I had been wearing was now white. I sighed but did nothing. Up here using miracles was risky, especially when it was on something as useless as colour. I turned quickly into a room to the side of the hall as more angels walked through. My heart pounded as I walked back out. My footsteps clicked lightly as I walked and I winced slightly, someone was bound to hear me. I bit my lip and continued to walk down the seemingly endless hallway, peppered with doors. It had been years since I had to go down this hall. Near the end was the caging rooms, to be fair last time I came down here I had been going into one of those cages. I shuddered. It had been about six hours since Cas had been taken. Meaning he had been there for about a day and a half. There were running footsteps from behind me and I panicked. I hadn't seen any rooms to hide in. They were getting closer and fast. I turned and began running towards the closest door, thirty meters ahead of me. Let's just say I didn't make it. Next thing I knew Gabriel was in my face and I was being tugged down the hall.

"Gabriel! Stop! Please." I trying to tear my arm from his hold, with no avail. If anything it made him tighten his grip. I winced as his fingers dug in.

"Listen to me Principality. You have pushed your limits, it is time for a true punishment. This time, you won't be getting away." His brilliant eyes flared and I struggled more. "This time, you'll fall."

"No, no please, Gabriel you can't, please I'll...I'll do anything!" I shuddered and stopped fighting. He shoved me into a wall.

"Tell me you don't love the demon, tell me you'll kill him. Tell me that he deserves to die." My heart dropped, it was the one thing I wouldn't do. Even if he would never know. I would rather die. Tears welled up in my eyes, I knew what was coming and I couldn't stop it. Correction, I could, but I would never.

"No, no I can't because it's not true, and I love him too much. No." My voice cracked and Gabriel pulled me from the wall. I smiled sadly. Tears began to roll down my face without my permission. He pressed down on my shoulder and as a reflex my wings shot out, slamming into the wall behind me. I winced and he walked around them. With a snap of his fingers, I was stuck on my knees. I couldn't resist, I was hopeless. I felt him put his hands on my wings and I yelled. I felt violated, no one should be able to touch another's wings without consent.

"Gabriel stop! Please, I didn't do anything." I felt pathetic but it was all in panic.

"You did plenty." I felt heat spread through my wings, like they were on fire, and burning off. Maybe they were. I screamed until his hands pulled away and he turned back to me with a look of panic. I looked down at my hands to see them glowing, I was falling but I was going to take heaven with me. I was in a state of perpetual falling but I hadn't hit the bottom, and I never would. Now I had the power of God at my back, while my wings singed my power blew through the wall, literally, carrying Gabriel with it, he crashed hallways past me. I stood with a cough, as I drew my hand away it came slick with my blood. While yes, I wasn't falling anymore, I was still deteriorating slightly. I continued down the hall occasionally stumbling into walls, not having the strength to winch my wings back in. After fifteen minutes of walking, I found the room. Oh, how heaven could be so organized at so useless at the same time. Above the dorr was Cas's name, I sighed and pushed open the door. There he was, sitting at the bottom of the cage his back against the bars. The cage itself was hanging a few feet off the ground, leaving it slightly tilted with the way he was sitting.

"Castiel," I hissed quietly. Before coughing, practically doubled over in pain. It felt like I was being burned from the inside out.

"Aziraphale?" I looked up to see him gazing down at me, the bottom of the cage just above my head. I nodded and put a finger to my lips before reaching up. It pulled at my shoulder and I winched trying to grab hold of the lock. "It's no use you can't unlock it."

"Don't doubt me, young one." I smiled and coughed a bit more, sealing myself, I pushed down with my wings hovering slightly before wincing and my wings gave out. I fell to the ground with a thud. Cas yelled slightly but I stood back up. "I'm fine, hang on." I snapped and the cage lowered to the ground.

"Someone is going to notice the miracles Azira!" He looked at me in fear reaching out slightly through the bars.

"Well if they do I have a plan. Step away to the other side of the cage." He hesitated. "Now, I don't have a lot of time." He did and I focused. The bars began to melt before snapping and Cas walked through.

"How the hell did you do that?" He put a hand on my shoulder.

"One, language, two I may have picked a few things up along the way." I smiled but fell to the ground as a wave of pain crashed into me. My sleeve began to turn red as the coughing fit continued. In seconds Cas was on the ground next to me.

"Hey, are you okay? Aziraphale?" I brushed his hand off and stood.

"I'm fine, come on let's get out of here." He looked at me suspiciously before we headed down the hall. I was sure to keep my wings tightly tucked as I knew what was happing. We had almost made it when a voice call for us. I whipped around in time to see a flash of light heading towards me. I closed my eyes, waiting for the inevitable. There was a searing pain then nothing. I looked down to see Cas spread in front of me, he had absorbed most of the blast. Finding nothing else to do I lifted him into my arms and stumbled into the portal, just missing a second blast. I screamed before the light dimmed and my legs gave out slightly, Cas dropped from my arms and I dropped next to him. Something dark was at my side quickly and I recognized the voice. Hands reached out to me and I coughed pushing the hand towards Cas who I knew wasn't doing well. My eyes faded out as Crowley moved and I felt my head hit the wood panels.

--**--

Present time

I struggled to open my eyes with no avail, it felt as if hellfire was burning through my soul. I couldn't move it was as if not a single part of me was listening. Then I was drowning in red, I couldn't breathe and I tried to scream but barely any sound came out. Swimming seemed to do nothing but exhaust me, my lungs burned and I nearly gave up until I felt hands on my arms and a voice calling my name. I fought harder and just as my lungs were about to give out my eyes opened and I bent over coughing. Dark red blood pooled on the floor. I wheezed and inhaled deeply. I gripped tightly to the hand still holding my forearm. As the fit died out I sat back up and looked up to meet with Crowley. Still burning and being torn apart, I let my body fall into him. He gasped and laid me down.

"Hey, Angel. We'll fix this I promise." He searched my face and I brought his hands up to my shoulders. He looked at me confused before realizing, I couldn't open my wings alone. He pressed down and I nodded. I elevated slightly as they shot out I spread them sightly and fell back. Swing one around gently I caught it. Black lines were seeping down it, the closer it got to my back the darker black they were, but it had stopped growing, my wings seemed to fade into white, I wasn't either now. I was still Aziraphale principality, but now I was more human the way I felt I should be. I swallowed thickly and felt a tear fall but I smiled past it at Crowley.

"Looks like we truly are on our own side now." My voice cracked and he helped me sit up as I began to cough again.

"Come on, it's not that bad. In fact, I think it suits you." He kissed my forehead and we laid together. I let my grace fade and the burn lowered slightly, it would stop soon until then I would sleep.

Word count: 1636

I hope you liked this chapter I spent a bit of time on this one sorry for the late update.