Codes we made

Aziraphale's POV

I had seen the look of fear on Crowley's face before the light surrounded me I cried out feeling my body strain this time however I was able to stay in human form. Gabriel still had a tight hold on me and I fell to the ground pulling him with me slightly as we arrived in heaven. I groaned and sat up. still hugging the coat tightly to my body.

"Stand up." Gabriel hissed in my ear. I tensed as three other angels walked in, one of which luckily being Castiel. Everything was working out. Before I had been pulled away I gave Cas, as he was calling himself, a look. Now we had set this up before he was barely over a thousand years old. It was a series of blinks shared between the two of us. He knew a lot of the angels didn't care for me. So we had a defence plan. He was to be on the side of the angels and well I was supposed to hate him, then when the time was right, he'd get me out. It was flawless we had run over the plan hundreds of times. Although, this was the first time we were actually going to use it. Gabriel stood next to them, Uriel, Cas, and ironically Puriel (The angel of punishment.). I bit my bottom lip and they pushed me into a chair in the centre of the room.

"Well this is familiar," I said hoping they hadn't guessed the trick me and Crowley had pulled.

"No, it's not." They had.

"We know the little trick you and that scum pulled. This time, however, we aren't going to burn you, to easy of a punishment. seeing as you are in human form, it's much easier to kill you slowly." Puriel stepped forward and I flinched watching as an angel blade slid into her hand. Cas sent me a look and I shook my head very lightly, not yet. He fidgeted with his trench coat, and they tied my hands down.

"Wait, Puriel," Gabriel said and I sighed, maybe he was going to stop her. "Let Castiel do it." Nevermind. I watched as his head snapped up and his eyes met mine. I nodded again.

"Gabriel, I don't think I should. He's practically my dad." I smiled to myself and Gabriel stepped closer to him.

"You will do as you are told or you will lose your-." He gestured at the body Cas was using. "Vessel, by the way, what are you doing to the voice box? You sound like a stay at home dad trying to be Batman." I laughed, and Gabriel sent me a look. I flinched slightly and looked down. Cas took the blade hesitantly. I mouthed a quick it's okay, and took a deep breath. He didn't move I looked down at my chest, he seemed to get the message. He gently placed the blade against the wound and I fake hissed. He mimicked cutting it letting the blade merely drag along it and I gave it a small glow. I winced and Gabriel looked over pleased.

"See was that so hard?" He said tapping my chest. "Puriel, take over." I sighed and tapped the chair four times. Cas gave a small nod. We were to wait until I gave the code. It was coat. Cas handed the blade to her reluctantly.

"I don't believe this is the way the Lord would choose to deal with me." I pointed vaguely upward. Gabriel hesitated.

"No mercy for wicked." Cas flinched. I begged mentally for him not to break.

"I don't think that's the quote," I said sharply.

"Well let's call it a misunderstanding," Uriel said smoothly. Gabriel nodded and I felt the blade graze my collar-bone.

"Wait!" I said and Gabriel laughed.

"What could you have to say?" I looked down.

"I really like this coat, can you help me take it off? I would hate to ruin it." Gabriel sighed but walked over to me, Cas was in motion, I pushed my legs over, tripping Gabriel. Cas attacked Uriel. He had untied one of my hands and I worked on my other one as Puriel and Gabriel regained their boundings. Finally free I took down Gabriel, Puriel began to help Gabriel and I was quickly overwhelmed, I heard a scream and saw a bright wave of light before Cas took Gabriel off of me. I continued to struggle with Puriel who had me pinned to a wall as I attempted to take the knife out of her hand. Regretting the choice I was about to make as I made it I wrapped my hand around the blade, and gritted my teeth as it sliced deep into my palm and fingertips. I flipped the blade and red ran down it, now it was in my hand. Quite literally. I let it slide down to the hilt and held it loosely.

"I'm sorry," I said quietly and stabbed up. There was a red hot heat and Puriel fell back her wings burnt into the wall behind me, I stepped forward quickly before leaning down and shutting her eyes. Blood dropped to the floor as I let my arm fall. Cas was still holding off Gabe blood pouring from his nose. Quitely I walked up and moved to shove the weapon into Gabriel's back when he spun grabbing my still bleeding hand and turning it sharply. With a loud crack, it snapped and I dropped the weapon, a cry emitting from my throat. With one sharp motion and a fluttering of wings, I was thrown across the room, my vision went fuzzy as I slammed into a wall.

"Cas?" I croaked out trying to stand back up. I fell back into the wall slightly but continued to push up onto my feet. "Cover your eyes." I hissed at Cas who was suddenly by my side. A bright light exploded through the already bright room, I let my grace lash out, Gabriel yelled before he exploded. It would by us a bit of time. I stumbled back into the wall again and Cas put a hand on my shoulder. I watched as my light faded leaving dark marks around the floor, somewhat like feathers. I inhaled sharply as adrenalin wore off and in a flash, Cas had us back at the bookshop. The world began to spin and I put a hand out to the desk on my right only to pull it away quickly, shooting pain running through my arm. I watched sightly out-of-it as Crowley ran up to me.

"Angel! You're oka-" He looked down. "Are you bleeding?" I tried to pull my hand behind my back but it was too late, he had seen it. Crowly grabbed my elbow and I swayed, the room still circling around me. "Come here, sit down." I let him guide me, my words dying on my lips.

"I'm- I'm fine." I blinked rapidly trying to rid the black creeping at the edges of my eyes. "Just a tad spent." Looking over I saw Dean talking to Cas rapidly, fretting over his injuries. I smiled slightly. Crowley took that as his chance to size my arm. I flinched and he looked at me apologetically.

"Dear Satan! What did they do to you, Angel?" He mumbled under his breath, a new wave of pain slammed down on me as he moved my wrist slightly, the black almost fully covering my vision.

"I'm sorr-" My world went dark.

Word count: 1259