GG

Cory's P.O.V

While I was writing, I felt a pain in my chest, a laugh in my head. It sounded oddly like... Shelby's? Oh, if only a mentor was here to explain things. Sasha said she was taking the boys out for a walk, so no asking her. 'Deaths are able to feel when another element kills.'

'W-what? Who are you? Why are you talking in my head?'

'I'm Darkness, your element. I never thought a Life would do such a thing, but with Life's behaviour lately...'

'I feel like Shelby isn't Life. Like, her soul was Life, but now it isn't.'

'Give me control for a second. I promise I won't do harm.'

"Life!" I marched up to Shelby, who was strolling down the hallway. 

She smirked. "Dark? Didn't think you were still roaming bodies," she said.

"Of course I am! I'm a guardian, as you are supposed to be. How dare you make your holder commit such a sin."

"She wanted to do it from the start."

"You are not Life. Life has taken a turn for the better."

"Well, she did, but I've taken over. Well, Shelby anyway. I was sentenced to be the soul of another, and so I was. God obviously did not notice me, and there's no going back after making the choice of who will hold a power."

And with that, Shelby continued down the hall. 'We need to stop Life. She has so much power she is using incorrectly.'

'People always said that Death was the bad element.'

'It is just like the others, simply given to one due to a darker purpose. For you, it was harming others because they harmed those you loved.'

'Oh...'

I did need to stop Shelby. Not because the world needed saving. Well, yeah, but that wasn't my main motive. I desperately wanted my friend back.