BB

Max's P.O.V

Two things were very wrong. One: Ross was extremely quiet out of nowhere, constantly glancing around the room and quite literally clinging to me when we walked past Shelby's room. Two: Shelby was avoiding us and Jess all together. Well... she smirked at us every now and again, making weird gestures and even stifling out a laugh every now and again. But she never came over to talk to us or anything. Until FINALLY, she came over to us while we were battling in Mario Kart. At first, we didn't notice she was sitting next to Jess on the ground. When the race ended, Ross and I looked at Jess (mad at her because she won), when we noticed Shelby sitting there. Ross immediately hugged me in fear. "Since when were you there?" I asked, quite shocked myself. Shelby's mouth stretched into a chilling grin. She didn't reply, instead just staring at me. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Jess tried to push her away with her air magic, but she didn't budge. I sat a small ball of fire on her knee, but she didn't even flinch. Shelby suddenly cocked her head. "Okay, just stop," I shook my head.

"Bye guys," Shelby said back. 

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going away."

"To?"

"I don't think you need to know that."

"Yes, we do."

"You do not."

"Tell us."

"Nope."

"SHE'S GOING TO THE EAPE!" Ross suddenly blurted.

"Did I not tell you to keep that a secret, Ross?" She frowned.

"W-well... I mean they had to f-find..."

"Still." Shelby stood and stalked over to Ross. I hugged him tighter. "Don't think you can protect him from me, Max." She yanked him off me. "You will pay the price of spilling my secrets."

And in a burst of white, Shelby and Ross were gone.