W

Ross's P.O.V

I sat down on Shelby's bed. "We need to get you help," I sighed.

"I-I..."

"I'm not going to make the decision on what exactly takes place, but I want you to think about ways we could possibly help the situation."

Shelby clenched her fists. She took in a sharp breath before relaxing again. "Ross, you have to understand... this isn't something that can necessarily be fixed," she said, shaking her head. "We would've done that by now."

"No, it won't just be fixed. But we can help you gain more control over yourself."

"I already have control." She smiled.

"Your demons have control."

"Are you actually stupid? I am my demons." 

I stared at her, and realised that the corners of her eyes were black. "I have been this whole time," she began saying, the grin on her face unsettling. "You were all naive enough to believe me."

"Y-you lied to us!"

"Indeed I did, Ross. I'm getting bored of sitting around, not being able to show the world what I'm capable of. But now... now they'll all know."

"I'm gonna tell everyone else."

"Oh no you're not." Shelby sat down next to me, frowning. "If you tell a single soul about any of this, I will rip your throat out."

"You act like you won't do that anyway."

"I mean... I wasn't planning to. But now that you mention it... I would have one less thorn in my side..." A sword fazed into existence in Shelby's hand, and she stared down at it. "I've always wondered what it was like to kill." Black liquid trickled down her face. She grinned. "Now... now I'll get to finally find out." Shelby looked up at me. Her eyes were solid black.

"N-no... please... Shelby, you can't do this..."

"But I can. I can do anything I wish and I can't be stopped. As I said I have power. Soon, I'll have an army with me."

"Please, I... I'm not ready to die."

Shelby's eyes returned to normal. She hugged me. But while doing so, I felt her nails dig into my back.

I winced. Shelby pulled away, and I could see the black liquid smudged all over park of her forehead and cheeks. It still came from her eyes, as if it was endless. Her nails had a couple drops of blood on them. "Remember, no-one must know about the things I told you. Now, I have better things to do with my time," she said. She skipped out of the room, leaving me in there alone.