H

Lauren's P.O.V

"Hey Max, can we talk?" I went to Max, who was staring at the burning fire.

"Hm? Sure," he said. He turned to look at me as I sat on the leaves next to him. "What for?"

I explained the whole thing with Shelby, and... he believed me. "I thought you'd be mad at me for saying such things," I said.

"No, I understand that you have no reason to lie," he shrugged. "Especially about such a topic. If we ever go anywhere with Ross, I'll keep a close eye on her, and get him away if anything happens."

"Who is Ross anyway?"

"Oh, Shelby's cousin. We were all really close when we were young."

"Ah." I looked across to the tents, where Jess, Shelby and Cory were playing Uno. "Must've hurt to leave him."

"Yeah." Max chuckled, staring at the other three as well. "It did. Shelby was distraught. It still hurts the both of us to this day. But Ross had moved away when we went back to visit."

"You excited?"

"Oh, heck yes." He turned back to me. "He... was my boyfriend."

"Hm? Really?"

"Y-yeah..." Max blushed. "We'd gone on a few dates. I was getting ready to propose to him, but..."

"Well, do it! When we get there!"

"Really? What if he's not intrested in me anymore?"

"I'm sure if he's pleading for to come back, he still loves you."

"Where are we gonna get a ring?"

"We'll make one! Hey, Shelby, Cory, Jess! Get over here!"

The three scrambled to back up the Uno cards before coming over to the fire. "Yeah, what's going on?" Cory asked.

"We're gonna make a ring."

"Shelby and Cory, make ribbons with your magic," I said. Shelby and Cory did so. "Weave them in together." They did that too. "Now, Jess should be able to stick them together. Just hold the shape in your hands. Shelby and Cory, keep your ribbons." Jess pressed the ring gently in her hands. When she let go, I pulled Shelby and Cory's magical ribbons off it, so it was only the ring. "I feel full on energy," Jess exclaimed, bouncing on the spot.

"Of course you do. You have more air, you took the unnecessary air from the ring to hold in together," I explained. "Max, time for the final touch. Harmless flame. Go."

Shaking, Max summoned a tiny flame, placing his hand on top of Jess', who was still holding the ring. When he pulled away, a tiny flame was dancing. I went to a nearby tree stump and traced a square shape. A tiny box appeared on top of the stump, cut out from the tree. That was my power. Craft. I can make anything as long as I have at least one of the materials needed nearby. I dug through my backpack and pulled out a t-shirt. I traced a smaller square, envisioning one of those cushiony things in jewellery packaging to keep the jewllery in place. It appeared in my hand, and I made a small slit in it. We put the ring in the cushion in the box. "Bam, we just made a ring," I said, smiling.

"Why?" Shelby asked.

"I... was gonna p-propose to Ross," Max replied, looking at the ground.

"Max, he'll love that ring! Oh God, I'm so excited."

"AH YES MAXY'S GONNA GET MARRIED!!" Jess shouted.

"If Ross says yes," Max mumbled.

"He will," Shelby smiled.

"I better be Best Man," Cory said. (idk how weddings work ive not been to one since i was like two and that was over a decade ago so im going off a my little pony ep lol) Max rolled his eyes. "Can we go to bed? I'm tired," Shelby said.

"Yeah, sure," I said. "Night all."