G

Sasha's P.O.V

I thought back to Shelby and Jess' little quarrel. "Hey Yammy?" I said.

"Yeah?" Yammy looked at me. 

"You know how before Shelby said that she was talking to her thoughts?"

"Mhm."

"Don't you think that's oddly like what happened with... him?"

Yammy froze. "With who?" Callum was passing by.

"Don't worry. We'll talk about it when we get back," Yammy said.

"You wanted to chat?" Scott said. We all gathered in the lounge.

"Yes. It's about what happened before. Imagine Yammy is Jess and I'm Shelby, " I replied.

"Who else would you be talking to?!" Yammy exclaimed, her face just like what Jess' was.

"I... my stupid thoughts." I got in my part.

"Why would you be talking to your thoughts?"

"U-um..." I looked back to the rest of the group. "And then Cory interfered. But he asked if Shelby said something, when she didn't. You see, kids, back when we were in your shoes, we had a friend. He was called Jack. He was a nice soul, although his pranks were really annoying. And that situation we re-enacted just then happened. With those exact words. Because Jack had his demons in his head. And they took over his head, and he eventually moved over to the EAPE base. I heard he's pretty high in the ranks now."

"Oh yeah, I think I've heard of him a couple times. The Boy who Changed?" Oli said.

"Yeah, him."

"They told tales of him in the village to the kids." Oli smiled sadly. "I used to tell them stories in song form. Some of my happiest memories are from those nights." Tears were gleaming in his eyes. Callum wrapped an arm around him and embraced him in a cuddle. I heard a ringing in my head, and I immediately knew what it was. "Mentors, y'all there?" Lauren's voice said. The rest of us replied with a 'yes'. "Good. Now, it's about... about Shelby. Surely I'm not the only one who's noticing she's talking to herself a lot?"

"Well, we have a theory," I said. "We were just discussing it. We were thinking it's like what happened with Jack. She's got her demons in her head. We need to keep a close eye on her. When you all reach that boy, you need to beware. The demon won't be used to the guy, and will see him as a threat to Shelby. Be sure to discuss it with Max."

"Yep, I'll do that. If you have anything else you're thinking will happen..."

There was a sniffle from Yammy. "Girl what's wrong?" Scott asked.

"I-I'm just worried," Yammy was almost crying. "When Jack's demons got the best of him, he killed Brit. What of Shelby kills us? Or the FAE soldiers? I don't want anyone else to go through the pain we did."

"They won't, we'll make sure of it."

"Welp, I gotta go. I'll chat to Max. We're setting up camp for the night," Lauren said.

"Right, we'll catch ya later then."

"Bai!"

I woke back up with the group at base looking at me. "Okay, let's get some dinner. I'm hungry," I said.