The Doctors Visit

First off, I would like to apologize deeply for my abundance of absences/ hiatuses. This is partially due to the fact of school, personal issues and medical issues. Though now, most of those problems have been pushed aside, this doesn't mean that some of these problems can come back.

     Enough with the pity party, on with the story!

     ((p.s. f/b/f= favorite breakfast food))

     (Your Pov) 

     As the soft light shines through the blinds and casts itself on your eyes, you slowly stir awake. "Mnn.." You grumbled, rolling over and tossing the cozy blanket over your head. That was until the scrumptious smell of (F/b/f) filled your nostrils, luring you sluggishly out of bed and out to the kitchen. There, you were met with two plates of (F/b/f) on the kitchen table. You, being the small child you are, stand on the tips of your toes and place your hands on the edge of the table and pull yourself up a small bit to introduce your gaze to the beautiful sight. 

     "Why, good morning (Y/n). Did you sleep well?" A certain male voice snapped you out of your trance, causing you to pivot on your heels to be met with the one and only Abel The Angel wearing a 'kiss the cook' apron on. You smile and nod your head, glancing back at the marvelous plate of goodness on the table and then back at him. Almost as if asking permission to devour it. He nodded and picked you up, placed you in a chair in front of your plate on the table, and went to take his own seat at his. The two of you proceeded to enjoy what may have been the best breakfast in your life. Abel was pleased and somewhat worried at the sight of you going ham on the food. Thank goodness he made plenty of food.

     Later that day, it came time to visit the local doctor. You were extremely anxious about this. Abel on the other hand, carried you there and tried to keep you as calm as possible as the two of you sat in the waiting room. A few other children were bewildered by his wings and came over to ask him countless questions and touch them, you simply cowered in his arms and buried your face in his chest in an effort to hide from them. Eventually, your name was called and Abel said his goodbyes as he picked you up once more and walked back, following the nurse to a room where he sat you up on the bed/table thingy. "The doctor will be with you momentarily." She states, gently closing the door behind her as she exited. 

     Soon enough, after what had felt like an eternity, a small male figure popped his head into the room. "Miss (Y/n)?" he asked, looking at his clipboard to make sure he was in the right room. Abel nodded his head with a simple "Mhm.". "Ah, good, good. I see that you're here for 'Injured wings'?" he asked, glancing up at you, seeing that you didn't have any visible wings he gave a curious look. Whilst asking this, he hopped in a swivel chair and cranked a lever on the side of it, making the chair lift him up inch by inch until he was eye level with you.  

     You had given Abel an anxious/worried look, in which he returned with a nod and a calm smile. "It's ok (Y/n), he's here to help. You can trust that he wont bring you any danger." he reassured her. "That's right! No worries here miss." the doctor added. This eased your nerves somewhat, you hesitated but eventually turned around and removed your shirt. The doctor flinched and placed a hand over his mouth. "My word.." he mumbled. Abel held on to your shirt as the doctor continued with the examination. He had extended his hand towards your upper back where the two torn nubs were. You felt gallons of imaginary sweat pouring out of your pores as you sensed him inch towards you from behind. It was the literal millisecond his gloved hand met your bare wound that you screamed and flung yourself off of the examination table and in to a corner against a counter frantically. You had opened the cabinet door closest to you and shut yourself inside, scooting as close as you could into the corner whilst pushing past the supplies. 

     Abel and the doctor shared a look of concern as they stood from their seats. "I'm terribly sorry doc-" The angel was cut off. "It's fine, don't worry. Let's just get her out of there." he reassured him. Your guardian made his way over to the cabinet you took shelter in and lightly knocked on it with his knuckle then proceeded to speak in a calm and soft voice. "Hey sweetheart.. You wanna come out for me..?" There was no response. "You need to come out so the doctor can figure out how to help you hun.." he reminded you. You hugged your knees close to your chest tightly but then sighed, slowly yet surely making your way back past the supplies and cracking the door open. You looked up into the older toons' eyes. "Hurt.." that was all you could muster out since one: you aren't well acquainted with words, and two: you were genuinely scared of this stranger. Abel sighed "Yeah, I know. It's gonna hurt a small bit, but it's what he has to do so he can help you feel better. Hopefully, if you come out now, he can find a way to help you grow back a strong and healthy pair of beautiful wings!" he held out his hand for you to take. "Would you like that, (Y/n)?" he asked, waiting patiently for your answer. It took you a moment, but you eventually nodded and slowly opened the door to the cabinet all the way and took his hand. He pulled you up and into his grasp as his softly closed the cabinet door with his foot. Gently he turned around and sat you back down on the examination table. 

     From then on, Abel had let you hold his hand as the appointment continued. Everything had went smoothly, soon enough it had come to an end and the doctor had insisted that you had gone and waited out in the waiting room. You complied, leaving the room to the doctor and Abel. Once the door had clicked shut, the doctor gave the angel a serious look and spoke in a low, monotone voice. "This isn't going to be easy to hear but.. The wounds are infected." a look of shock and worry came across Abels' face. "Don't worry too much, it isn't lethal.. yet." he had paused for a moment. "This seems to be a slow moving infection. Tell me, do you know of 'The Elder One'?" he asked as he looked at his clipboard. The angel shook his head "No, I haven't." he simply stated, looking at the doctor anxiously for more information. "Well, she is one of the only witches that exists now a days on the outskirts of Toon Town. They say that she has moved elsewhere, the deepest parts of the Frozen Forest I believe." He says, looking up from the clipboard after writing down a few things here and there. "Why are you telling me this? I'm more worried about my dau-.. that kid out there. She could get sick and die.. As far as things go, I'm responsible for here until I can find a better place for her. I can't have her up and dying on me, I couldn't bare it. If something happens to that girl, then I'm gonna have blood on my hands. That's a burden I cannot withstand-" he was cut off once more by the sound of the doctor ripping off a piece of paper from his clipboard and handing it to him. On the piece of paper, there are directions to this witches whereabouts. "I would suggest giving this information to the sheriff. He's a good man, he'll guide you on this journey to help you save your girl. Once you arrive at this homestead, tell her that I had sent you and then explain the situation to her. She'll help miss (Y/n). I guarantee it." he instructed, hopping off of his chair and pushing Abel out of the room. "Now shoo! I have more patients to attend to!" he exclaimed before the angel had made his way into the waiting room where you were quietly sitting in a chair, making an attempt to read a magazine. You failed horribly at it, Abel had made a mental note to help you with that once all of this was over. 

     He shook his head "No, I'm just giving her the help she needs with her wings and that's it!" he mumbled, reminding himself of the plan. As he skimmed over the directions on the paper given to him by the doctor, you noticed his presence and set the magazine back where it had come from and ran up to him, hugging his leg. He flinched and gazed down at you. He chuckled as he folded up the paper promptly putting it in his pocket, then proceeded to scoop you up into his arms and walked out of the doctors office. You giggled with excitement, it had felt like forever when you were waiting in that boring old waiting room. Abel gave a soft smile as he made his way down the sidewalk. "Sheriff huh? Haven't seen him in a hot minute." He mentally stated as he continued to walk.