If I was in human form I would have dropped to my knees and begin crying. Everyone gathers in formation. Logan leads and Bryson and I are in the back, making sure no one falls behind.

"Everett!" I hear the Luna call and she kneels before me, grabbing me by the face. "I'll hold you to that promise." I feel Bryson's curiosity through our bond but I don't let anything through. If he knew what I promised I would never hear the end of it.

I nod my head before turning away and standing next to Bryson. Bryson lets out a howl and everyone starts running. The cheers of the pack echo in my ears as I run. I usually would be running away from danger, but today, I am running towards it. Archer should be scared because I am no longer afraid of him. I will be the last thing he sees before I throw him into hell.

>>><><<<

We run all day, despite being incredibly tired I continue running making sure to keep up. I have to do this. If I can't even run to where Archer is how am I supposed to defeat him, especially if he has had the dark witches curse him. Bryson pushes to have us stop but I don't let him.

We make it nearly three quarters of the way to Archer's pack by the end of the day. We need to rest before making our assault tomorrow. We stop just as the sun is setting, near a small lake. Many of the pack members decide to swim in hopes of cooling off in the summer heat. We first collect water before everyone who wants to takes a swim.

I stay away from the water after taking a few mouthfuls to quench my thirst. Jamie sits next to me as she stares at her mate as he jumps into the water and begins swimming to a large rock that sticks out of the water a few hundred feet out. Bryson is checking the perimeter with a few other warriors.

The witches are flying overhead on the look out for a little longer.

"Are you scared?" I ask Jamie. I know she has fought in many battles and has killed rogues before and more then likely hunters.

"I'm always scared. Every battle I go into is unpredictable and there is a possibility that I won't return home after. That I would be leaving Alexander. But I use that fear to drive my strength and to make sure none of those things happen." Jamie smiles at me as I nod and look up at the stars that are just starting to appear.

I can't bring myself to say anything but I reach to grasp Jamie's hand. My hands are shaking but feeling hers against mine helps to calm them. She squeezes my hand before looking up at the stars herself.

Bryson returns soon after and Jamie leaves to meet her mate out on the large rock as he sits their looking up at the sky. She swims fast and kisses her mate before sitting next to him. I smile before turning to Bryson who leans heavily against the tree as he sits down. I can see the exhaustion on his face as the bags under his eyes are dark.

"You made Mom a promise. What was it?" Bryson asks. I knew he would ask me this.

I smile up at him and lean by body against his side. "I will tell you when we get home."

Bryson looks at me sad, and I see the slightest bit of fear in his eyes as he swallows. He nods and holds me close. "Just please don't do anything too reckless."

"I won't." I tell him and snuggle close as the moon rises high and glows through the trees, down on us.

>>><><<<

The next morning I am one of the first ones up with Bryson. Sleep was nearly impossible with the circumstances of what is to happen today. As my eyes closed, I saw Bryson dying and my pack lying dead around me. Logan was clutching a small women, both dead as Archer stood over Bryson, plunging a knife into his chest.