|CHAPTER 11|

|Everett|

"Hi," I whisper and signal for Bryson to put me down. When he doesn't comply I tell him, "Put me down Bryson." He complies but holds me close making sure my legs won't give out suddenly. 

Dad's hair is salt and pepper in colour. There are lines on his forehead caused by stress. Was the stress caused by my disappearance? Probably. His blue eyes are dark and shiny with tears much like with Logan's when I first met him. He wears a comfy button up shirt that I can imagine I would've worn when I was growing up if I was here. 

Mom's as beautiful as she was in the photo that Bryson showed me. Her hair falls in gorgeous waves with natural streaks of grey in some spaces. Her brown eyes that are very much like my own are glossy with tears. Her outfit is everything I would expect from a beautiful women like herself. Jean shorts and a floral printed shirt tucked in. 

They seem speechless because nothing escapes their mouths as they open and close. Fear invades my mind as they make their way closer but I push it to the side. These are my parents. They won't hurt me. They've been through so much. They lost a daughter when I went missing. I need to be strong. For them and for myself. I will not be able to grow if I continue to wither in fear of everything. 

I smile and reach out for them. They take that as a good sign and quicken their pace. I'm taken from Bryson's arms and am in the combined arms of my mother and father. I hear them sob as they cling onto me. 

Tears sting my eyes and creep down my cheeks. A sob escapes my mouth and I wrap my arms around Mom and Dad, burying my face into one of their shoulders. 

"Oh my beautiful baby girl," Mom sobs out and holds onto my tighter. I feel kisses being placed on my head and know it is my father. 

My parents pull away from me just far enough to take in my appearance. I know it's not a pretty site. My cheeks and eyes are sunken into my head, bruises cover my pale skin along with wounds of various degrees. 

"Wha-what did that man do to you?" Mom voice catches as another sob escapes her lips. She touches my cheek and runs her thumb across a particularly nasty bruise under my eye. I can't help but flinch when pain erupts and spreads across my face. "I'm so sorry."

"Emily, Michael I think we should sit down and talk. Everett is still very weak and needs as much rest as possible." Bryson says, coming up behind me to support me. 

"Alright." 

We sit at the table with Bryson beside me on my right, Mom on my left holding my hand tightly and Dad beside her. They hold hands as well. I can see how tightly they are holding onto each other for support. They already have an idea of what happened to me. They probably imagined the worse possible things happened to me during the years that I was gone. 

Logan walks in hugging me gently and kissing my forehead before sitting next to Bryson. 

"I didn't want to tell you what happened to Everett without you seeing her. Also I feel that it will help us all if we are together talking about this. I know Everett being here to discuss this will comfort all of us and hopefully we all can take steps to overcome everything." Bryson tells my parents. I stay silent and grab Bryson's hand. I don't want to think about what happened but I know that Logan and Mom and Dad need to know what happened. 

Bryson takes the lead with telling my family of what has occurred. "Everett was tortured for years by the Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack. Jackson tells me that Everett was also lent out to other members of the pack to either be beaten or touched sexually." 

Growls erupt from around me. My parents and Logan are holding their wolves back from coming through. Wanting to protect their pup from the dangers that faced her. It was too late though. I've already been through them. 

"They also injected her with Wolves Bane. More Wolves Bane than any wolf has been known to survive. She was also wounded with weapons made of silver to slow the healing process down. When she was found she was barely able to move and was chained in a room covered in her blood, urine, and feces. Jackson and Chase made the dangerous decision to help with her escape and were able to get away from the Blood Moon Pack." Bryson explains and hugs me slightly closer. 

"Please tell me you are lying. How could anyone do this to another person let alone a child?" Dad says. Tears threaten to fall and his jaw is clenched hard, the muscles ticking once in a while. 

"It really happened. Sir also raped me." I whisper and everyone cries. 

We cry and cry. Everyone lets out the emotions that they have been holding back. The anguish. The fear. The sadness. The happiness and joy that accompanies my return. 

"I don't remember you. Sir made sure my memories were over taken by pain and darkness. The only reason I am here and alive is because I had one memory of a boy I named Bryson. I imagined him saving me and taking me away from the pain of the darkness that Sir brought." I say and look at Bryson who smiles and places his forehead on mine. "I'm sorry I don't remember you or the amazing memories that we probably had but I hope that we can make new ones."

I try to smile at them but tears fall from my eyes and a sob escapes my lips. I didn't stop until Bryson said it was enough and took me upstairs to rest.

>>><<<

"Do they hate me?" I ask, Bryson as he lays next to me in his bed. 

He doesn't take me to the hospital. I'm happy he doesn't. it's cold and lonely in their but Bryson brings warmth to me. 

"No, they don't hate you. They could never hate you. They love you with all their hearts and will never ever hate you. They've missed you a great deal. We will get through this and make the great memories you deserve to have." Bryson holds me tightly to his chest, his heart beat steady and comforting. I allow it to lull me into the darkness of sleep. 

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|

Hello everyone! I can't believe that The Alpha's Lost Mate made it into the top 1000 in Werewolf. Yesterday we reached the 691st spot and I'm so excited to where this adventure is going to lead us. I'll talk to you all in the next installment of The Alpha's Lost Mate. 

|Chapter Goals and Questions|

Number of Reads: 550 reads

Number of Votes (in total): 33 votes

Who is your favourite character in this book? 

What is your favourite pop?

My reply: Mountain Dew