Chapter 18

The library was...quite small. Rey thought as he walked in. If anything, it looked more like a bookstore than a public library.

"What is it that you want?" A rather snappish voice hissed at him, Rey turned his head to look at the librarian who was apparently on duty. She looked quite old and Rey couldn't help but think of how in his past world, the stories that have the main character visiting a library would always have a snappish librarian who hisses at anyone who dares exist in the same world as their precious books.

It was an entertaining if rude thought.

He smiled at her and asked, "Hello, I'm apologize for intruding but do you have any books about law...?"

The librarian raised a brow and scowled when she looked up and saw his masked face. "What's it to ya?" She sneered in contempt.

Rey didn't lose his composure and instead explained, "My parents want to hire someone to work for our bakery and we need to figure out the legalities of it."

"Hmph!" The librarian looked back down at the book that Rey peered at ever so slightly, seeing that the name was "Heavenly Official's Blessing" made him wonder what kind of book that was. Perhaps he should pick up a novel?

"The rack furthermost right on the fourth mostbottom shelf, books 19 to 24." She tsked after seeing that he would not leave. Rey thanked her and left to find them.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

Two sighed to herself as she safely left the soon-to-be prince consort's home. She had safely acquired the poison that the bitc—Young Miss Lovell had gotten from somewhere. They truly needed to keep a closer eye on the distribution of these cursed things.

Four was beside her, probably smiling and probably just dying to make a lot of noise to celebrate. Even though Two never questioned their commander, she sometimes truly wondered what the queen had been thinking when she had picked up Four.

Not that anyone didn't like that particular action, they were all pseudo and might as well be blood family.

Sometimes, it could be tiring though.

"Two~," Four cooed out softly, holding the glass bottle in her hands. Two twitched as she looked and saw it being held so completely carelessly on two fingers. "We need to report back to Commander, please be careful."

Four pouted and threw it into the air, catching it right before Two could say anything.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

"Where is it?!" Lily grabbed at her hair and tugged in frustration. She roughly pulled another drawer open and scanned it before slamming it shut, the force making the things on the desk jump and some fal off.

"AAGGHH! Goddamnit!" She cursed and kicked the bed, moving it aside a little.

Footsteps were heard from outside and the door to her room was slammed open, "Lily Lovell!"

Lily didn't cast a second glance at her mother, angering her even more. "Just what do you think you're doing young miss?!"

She sent a disdainful look at her mother, snorting. "Get out!"

"You—"

"Don't worry, mother. When I become queen, all of this will be easily covered and more." Figures that her mother would be worried about money, of all things. But, they shouldn't be so doubtful of her own daughter. Lily would succeed and more, at that time her mother would definitely flatter and thank her profusely!

"That's it! You," mother Lovell set a scalding glare at her daughter, enraged beyond what she thought was possible. "You, are grounded to this room after cleaning it up."

"What—why?!"

Lily's mother looked at the room that was completely thrashed and promptly slammed the door close.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

"Thank you!" Rey smiled at the librarian, not that she would know considering he was wearing a mask, and happily skipped back home, holding some books.

He had ended up getting a membership to borrow the books. There was a book on the current laws of the land and several story books he had gotten interested in.

If all goes well then he would have some spare time and be able to take up a hobby.

Reading seemed like a good thing to start with.

"Rey!" Said boy turned and saw, "Oh, hi Chris!"

Chris gave Rey a charming smile that was returned and asked him, "are you going back home?"

"Yeah,"

"Here, let me help you with that..." A hand took the books and Chris held them now, Rey pursed his lips, feeling slightly guilty for having someone bring his stuff. "Ah, that-that's fine,"

"Nonsense," Chris made a play-mocking gesture, "How could I let such a fair beauty such as you do labor work?"

Rey blushed and laughed then left the matter behind.

They walked back to the bakery, not a small amount of people staring at the devastatingly beautiful couple.

'Ah, young love.'

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

Leo was watching his brother.

No, he was not stalking his brother on his date because he wanted to know more about his sister-in-law or anything! He just—uh, just... wanted to see how a date goes! Yeah!

Hiding behind the fountain with a lot of people looking quizically at him, he slowly moved his head up as his big brother distracted sister-in-law and treated him to dessert in a cafe.

He looked to the right then left to see if anyone noticed him, then caught eye contact with someone else.

The both of them yelled in surprise then jumped back.

"Who-who are you?!" Leo pointed at the petite and cute male, flushing red at the (adorable) pout directed at him. The other glared at him and asked back, "Who are you and why are you stalking my best friend?!"

"Hey! I asked first and why are you stalking my big brother and sister-in-law?!"

"I'm—,"

"Hey! What's going on here?!" Chris had made his way over after seeing the commotion, Rey right behind him. "Leo?"

Rey looked at his friend inquisitively, "Alex, what happened?"

"Uhhh hahahaha?" Leo scratched the back of his head, fully intending on dodging the interrogation and redirecting the conversation to his brother's date. Alex, as sister-in-law called him, harrumphed and refused to say a word.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

So so sorry for the wait! School was a little overwhelming and I forgot about things for a while!

Including AN: 1062 words