Chapter 17: Inebriated

Start from the beginning

''Hair tie...'' he girl mumbled, while trying to push her hair away from her face.

Namjoon sighed and softly brushed her hair away from her face before managing to tie it up into a messy ponytail with the hair tie he found in the cabinet.

The girl sat in front of the toilet, he figure shaking and slumping forward over the bowl. Namjoon sighed and went to grab a blanket out of the bed.

He sat behind the girl on the cold tile floor and wrapped her in the blanket, before hugging her against him.

''It's not fair...'' the girl whined.

''What's not fair?''

''You keep on calling Mirai your fiancé but your cheap ass never gave her a ring...'' the girl slurred.

''I figured it would be a waste of money since you would refuse to wear it anyways...'' Nmajoon admitted.

''Like you care about a couple hundred dollars going to waste...''

''A couple hundreds? What kind of man do you think I am? Do I look like I'd let my woman wear a ring worth less than the average man's house? How much do you think diamonds are worth?'' Namjoon said a bit insulted at the girl's assumption.

''Diamonds are boring... devoid of any personality.... Anyone can buy a diamond proportionate to the size of their salary, but it doesn't look any better than a plain rhinestone in Mirai's eyes...''

''Diamonds are symbol of perfection, they represent perfect love. Is perfect love not good enough for you?'' Namjoon sighed, definitely Mirai was too drunk to form coherent thoughts.

''Perfect love? Do you hear yourself? Is here anything that fits us less than that?'' the girl said with a sarcastic chuckle.

Namjoon's reply got stuck in his throat. She wasn't wrong, it was a crude way of putting it but she was right; they were both deeply flawed beings. The perfect love he had envisioned between the two of them really was disillusioned. Maybe she actually was the smart one out of the two of them...

He'd be damned. Even her drunk rambling made him fall deeper for her.

''Joon... Please... Take me home...'' the girl eventually whispered, her voice shaky.

''This is home. Home is where the two of us are... At least to me it is...'' Namjoon spoke softly.

''It was the same for me... I used to love you before I hated you...''

''What changed?''

''You left me in that park and you disappeared...'' Mirai said, tears forming in her dark eyes.

''I know you felt betrayed, but I had my reasons... We were kids... Can't you forgive me for that one mistake?''

''That day I stopped being a kid... You didn't just leave me behind, you sold me to the devil...'' she said before biting her lip. Namjoon could tell she was holding back from crying.

''I didn't sell you to the devil... you're exaggerating...''

Apparently that was the wrong thing to say because Mirai started struggling to free herself from his grip as sobs escaped her.

''I hate you... I hate you... I hate you...'' she repeated weakly while uselessly hitting his chest, with less and less strength.

After all these years, seeing her cry was still just as unbearable to Namjoon... He held her form tighter against him, so she couldn't struggle anymore and he rubbed her back slowly.

''Shhh.... I'm sorry... please don't cry... please...''

Suddenly her head slumped on his shoulder and even breathing started escaping her lips. She felt so warm and she looked so vulnerable that Namjoon didn't have to heart to move her to their shared bed. He pulled the blanket over her shoulders and let her sleep against him, not even caring about of sore he would be from sitting on the floor all night.

It would always hurt much less than seeing her sad for even a second.

***

Author's note:

I don't know how to qualify this chapter... It's funny yet sad, fluffy yet dark.

Namjoon and Mirai's original fall out is mentionned once again but the mystery remains. What does Mirai mean when she says Namjoon sold her to the devil? What really happened tin that park she resents him so much for to this day?

We'll get some more action going quite soon! Stay tuned for the next chapter: Engagement Party!

When all the guests are involved with the mafia or yakuza; can you really expect anything less than some chaos?

Thank you so much for reading and have a great day!

(Sorry if I don't update at exactly the same time every week this month, work is crazy because the summer season is in full swing and tourists are crazy! xD I swear I'm doing my best but I work a lot of 12 hours shifts these days and I'm properly exausted! :,( Sorry again I promise I'll do everything I can! )