Chapter 21

Dark Steve stood anxiously watching the machine that held Sabre. He sighed as he was extremely worried for the chicken. If Sabre loses this, well, than this world is basically doomed. It had been 2 hours and he was getting increasingly worried. Boss Steve's worry started to increase when he noticed the yellow half of Sabre was starting to spread again and fast. "Come on Sabre, you can do this. I believe in you!"

...

Sabre clawed and punched at Nightmare Steve's hand, trying to get it to let go. Nightmare Steve chuckled and threw him across the room. Sabre cried out as he landed on his broken leg. Nightmare Steve walked over to him and summoned an iron sword. He lifted it up and grinned maniacally. "Say good bye, Sabre!" Nightmare Steve brought down the sword and Sabre shut his eyes.

After a few seconds Sabre realized nothing had happened so he opened his eyes. "W-what is going on?" Nightmare Steve's sword was less than an inch from his face, but he seemed to be completely frozen. "Sabre, we need to talk." Sabre turned his head to his right and saw a Yellow Steve. "Listen, I can only hold us like this for a little while. I am Yellow Steve, but to be more exact I am what Nightmare Steve once was."

He looked down then held out his hand to Sabre. "I have done some things I regret and I wish I could fix them. So let us defeat him together! I want to be free of him just as much as you do."   Sabre nodded, "You want to be free like Dark Steve..." Yellow Steve nodded and Sabre took his hand. "Then let's do this together!" Sabre felt power wash over him and all his previous wounds healed. He rolled to his left just as Nightmare Steve's sword struck the ground where he had been seconds ago.

"What!?" Nightmare Steve shouted, looking at Sabre in surprise. Sabre smiled and Nightmare Steve growled, "No matter, you got lucky.  But let's watch you dodge this!" Nightmare Steve charged at him and swung the iron sword with full force. It was just about to hit Sabre's face, but in a blur of color Sabre caught the sword with his bare hands. Sabre pulled the sword out of Nightmare Steve's grasp and snapped in two.

Nightmare Steve stumbled back, his eyes wide and body trembling in fear. "I-I, but how!?  You were never supposed to beat me! You are supposed to lose!"  Nightmare Steve then suddenly punched Sabre sending him flying back. Nightmare Steve then teleported over to him and punched him earning a pained yelp from Sabre. He lifted Sabre up and threw him with full force across the room. Sabre crashed into the throne destroying it and sending blocks flying everywhere as he hit the wall behind.

Sabre watched through blurred vision as Nightmare Steve slowly walked towards him, smiling smugly. All of his fears from earlier forgotten. "See, just luck. I knew I would be victorious in the end. You are nothing, while I am everything." Sabre shut his eyes in despair as he realized that even with Yellow Steve's help they had still lost. He had failed everyone. Though in the back of his head he heard someone call out to him and say, "Come on Sabre, you can do this. I believe in you!"

Suddenly he felt something surge through him like lightning and all he could hear was thunder.  Eventually everything went silent and he felt refreshed. He opened his eyes and sat up. He looked around but only saw white. Saber got up and looked everywhere, but only saw the white void from earlier. Though as he turned around again he saw a row of signs. He walked over to them and read them, 'When the one who can destroy all and does not belong comes, the one who is neither good nor evil will unite both the light and the dark, for he is the saving light, he is the -.'  For some reason the end of the line had been scratched out and Sabre could not read it.

He then shut his eyes and sighed, what did it mean. When he opened his eyes he realized he was back in the throne room and laying in the middle of the room was a singed Nightmare Steve. Sabre walked over to where he was laying on his back and stood there. He summoned a diamond sword and raised it above his head. Slowly his bandana slid from his face and fell to the ground, but he did not care.

Nightmare Steve groaned and looked up, but started trembling when he saw the sword and that he had been beaten. "B-but I was supposed to win, I was supp-" "Oh will you shut up already. Your time of terror ends here forever. Good Bye Nightmare Steve!"  Just as Sabre was bringing down the sword Nightmare Steve noticed his eyes and his own widened with recognition and fear. "Yi-"  Sabre's sword struck him before he could finish and he disappeared forever from existence.

...

"Spencer! How did you get here? Are you ok? Have you seen Sabre?" Spencer was awake, sitting on Lucas's bed while Lucas was pacing back-and-forth asking questions. Spencer looked around awkwardly and nervously. He then opened his mouth, but nothing came out. Lucas suddenly caught on and stop pacing "Wait! Can you not talk!?"  Spencer sheepishly nodded. "B-but how!?  That shouldn't happen. Maybe a glitch from when you got here... speaking of, do you know how we got here?"

Spencer had flinched a little when Lucas mentioned glitch, but now he looked terrified. "Um, is there something wrong?"  Spencer slowly shook his head, "Uh, ok. So do you have any idea how we got here?" Spencer was silent for a minute before shaking his head. Lucas was a little crestfallen that Spencer didn't know, but he brushed it off. The main problem was that Spencer was mute. "I'll be back in a minute. I'm going to get the others and fill them in. Then we will try to fix your voice."

Lucas ran downstairs and Spencer looked down in shame. He had lied to his friends. He had lied to them and now they were in danger, but he didn't know what to do!? "Good job! I was a little afraid you were going to try something." Spencer's entire body was trembling and he slowly looked up to see It standing there with the large menacing smile. "At this rate I may give you your voice back. But do remember that the second I catch you try something you will lose a lot more than your voice. See you later Spency!" It disappeared and Spencer broke down crying.