Chapter 16

Moose woke up with a pain in his back and a small headache. He could barely remember what happened yesterday after he tried to go to sleep. He was laying on the floor right in front of the door. He sighed and slowly got up. It was daytime, probably around 12 from where the sun was positioned in the sky. The others were probably wondering where he was, so he went to go find them.

Just as he exited the Rainbow house he happened to run into Lucas. "Hi Lucas." Lucas turned to him and smiled, "Oh, hey, where have you been? You kind of disappeared for a while." Moose nervously chuckled and scratched the back of his head, accidentally pulling down his hood, "Just sleeping." Lucas nodded and was about to go find Light Steve, when he noticed something on Moose's head. He took a step closer to see what it was.

It almost looked like... No it couldn't be... But it was! Lucas was then stuck between whether he should laugh at the irony or be terrified that this had happened. "Uh, hey Moose, you might want to look at your reflection." Moose looked at him skeptically but complied. Once he did look in the lake near by Lucas heard a scream of surprise and fear. Moose had antlers.

...

Unspeakable opened his eyes and looked around. This new place had the same sky as the other dimension, except he was in some weird palace that was surrounded by a large four block high wall. Well that was definitely a bad idea. He sighed and started walking around looking for an exit in the wall or the entrance to the Palace. After walking for a minute and still not finding anything he decided to stop for a second. "I seem to be getting nowhere and how big is this weird castle anyways!" He shut his eyes and remembered Moose and the others. He really missed them, he wondered where they were and what they were doing now.

He opened his eyes and was about to start forward but stopped when he heard voices. He crept toward the voices and stopped when they were just around the corner. He popped his head around and looked. He almost gaped at first but quickly stopper himself. It was Sabre! He was talking with this weird looking black Steve that had red eyes. Unspeakable also saw a weird partially transparent gray Steve. He turned back to Sabre and smiled. He had done it! He had finally found someone! The others were talking, but he could not hear them since they were too far away.

He wondered how he should approach Sabre. He looked normal at least from what Unspeakable saw. He crept a little closer and hid again. He could now see them better. He saw that Sabre's skin was colored yellow on the entire right side. He raised an eyebrow at the weird color scheme but didn't question it.

He could now make out a little of what Sabre and the black and red eyed Steve were saying. Something about machines and danger. Also someone named Nightmare Steve, who they didn't seem to like. He sighed and slowly got out of his hiding place. He walked over to them till he was less than 10 blocks away. The transparent one was the first to notice him and tapped Sabre on the shoulder. Sabre and the red-eyed Steve looked at him. "Hi Sabre..." He said a little nervous. "Hey Nathan..."

...

Sabre, Dark Steve, and Ghost Steve stood in a circle just outside the castle. "So, we need to make a machine?" "Yes, but it isn't that simple. You will also need to use your mind." Sabre nodded, deep in thought. "You'll most likely have to battle him in your mind too." Ghost Steve said. Dark Steve nodded and looked at Sabre. "Okay, though will I get to keep my Yellow Steve half? I have kind of come to enjoy it."

Dark Steve seem thoughtful for a while until he nodded. "I believe so, if this all works then you should be able to keep it. Though I honestly don't know since this is the first time we have done anything like this." Sabre pouted a little and looked at Ghost Steve, who shrugged. Sabre sighed, "Well does anyone have any particular plans on what type of machine?" "We should use a diamond block in the center, surrounded by gold, since that would be the most efficient and we will only have one shot at this." Sabre nodded and shivered as he thought of what would happen if they failed.

"You're right, we can't let Nightmare Steve return! If he does then the entire world is at stake." Sabre said, all of them getting grim looks on their faces. They stood in silence until Ghost Steve tapped Sabre on the shoulder. He pointed behind them and said, "Uh... Who is that?" Sabre and Dark Steve turned around and Sabre's eyes widened as he recognized the player. "Hi Sabre..." Sabre was beyond surprised and responded, "Hey Nathan..."

...

Shark was nervous, well panicked was more like it. He'd called Sabre more times than he could count, but Sabre never picked up or replied. He then called everybody else, but the only one who picked up was Preston and he said he had no idea what was going on. Both of them tried to contact the others but nothing was working! All of them hadn't posted in two days, it just wasn't like them.

He was thinking of some way to contact all them and then remembered the sleepover. He remembered Moose mentioning it once. He had been invited but had denied the invitation since he had some work. However work could wait, his friends were not responding to Preston or him for some reason and he feared the worst. I mean anything could have happened to them.

He ran over to his computer and got plane tickets from Moose's place. He called Preston and told him of his plan and they agreed to meet up at the airport and then drive to Moose's place to find their friends. Shark sighed, he then walked over to his room to start packing.

XP