Chapter 20

"Took him long enough." Boss Steve grumbled has he looked at Shark. "Oh shush, maybe he had a reason." Rainbow Steve retorted. "Well it better be good, because he can be lazy sometimes. Also, who is that with him?" Boss Steve asked, just noticing Preston. "I don't know! Go ask him yourself and stop being grumpy." "I am not being grumpy!" They then started arguing and Shark Just. Couldn't. Handle. It!

"Are they usually like this?" Preston whispered. Shark just sighed, "Boss Steve you were acting like a child! We have more pressing matters right now, alright! Also, I am not lazy." Shark yelled, throwing his hands up. The two Steves instantly went silent and looked at him. "Since when could his arms move like that?" Boss Steve asked. "Since when did he know what we are talking about?" Rainbow Steve asked, his hand on his chin. Boss Steve suddenly jumped up and down. "Wait, that means he can hear us!"

The two looked up at him, "Crap..." Rainbow Steve muttered. Shark facepalmed and Preston raised an eyebrow confused. "Yes, I can. How did it... You know what nevermind! We need your help." Rainbow Steve looked at Preston and Shark nudged him. "Oh, hi I'm Preston. I'm one of Shark's friends." "Lava lover much..." Boss Steve mumbled and yelped when Rainbow Steve kick them.

"Nice to meet you Preston. I'm Rainbow Steve and this idiot over here is Boss Steve." Boss Steve growled at him, but said nothing else. "Hehe, nice to meet you." Rainbow Steve smiled and nodded. He then looked at Shark, "How come you can hear us and move, unlike, well not like a player?" "Oh, so, how do I say this... Well, both me and Preston are trapped in Minecraft and I mean we are actually physically here and have no idea how to get back to our world." Rainbow Steve nodded, while Boss Steve looked at them in disbelief. "So, you were the power surge. It would work out with the timing of you just suddenly showing up here."

"Now we just have to figure out what happened to us and how we got here. Then we can figure out how to get back." Boss Steve just now realizing what was going on said, "Do you think it has something to do with that evil entity that keeps on trying to get in?" All of them went silent. Shark and Rainbow Steve looked at him and smiled, "That's right! Boss Steve, you stupid genius!" Rainbow Steve exclaimed. Boss Steve smiled, until he realized what Rainbow Steve had said, "Hey!"

...

Sabre opened his eyes and looked around. He was in some strange empty void like place. It was extremely bright and if it wasn't for his bandana, he would have been blinded. He started to walk forward and look for Nightmare Steve. Eventually, he did.

He had come across a part that was corrupted by darkness. It was covered in coal blocks, magma blocks, and nether blocks. There was a small Castle there, that he instantly recognized. It was Nightmare Steve's, though a much smaller version. He entered the castle and was met with a throne room. Sitting on the large throne was him. "Nightmare Steve." Sabre said glaring at him. "Sabre." He said menacingly. "I see you have found my castle. Though don't think it will be easy."

Nightmare Steve got up and in defensive position. "I plan to destroy you from the inside out. Your body will be mine! Then I will go and punish Dark Steve for betraying me. I will dispose of all your other friends. Oh, also Ghost Steve, I don't want that pest around to ruin my plans." Sabre narrowed his eyes and took a few steps forward. "Not on my watch! I am going to destroy you here and now! I won't let you hurt anyone else! This ends here Nightmare Steve!" Nightmare Steve grinned, "Yes Sabre it does! But it ends for you and the world!"

Nightmare Steve charged forward struck at him. Sabre just barely dodged him with his yellow Steve speed and pulled out his sword, only to realize he didn't have it. He checked his inventory and realized he had nothing. He sighed as he stopped next to the throne. This was going to be a bit tougher than he thought. "What's wrong Sabre, missing something?" Sabre just growled at him, "I can still defeat you!"

Nightmare Steve suddenly disappeared and Sabre looked all around. "Too slow!" Nightmare Steve yelled as he punched Sabre in the face. "Agh!" Sabre was knocked back and felt as if his jaw was broken. He screamed out again, when he was hit by multiple lightning bolts. "You cannot defeat me!" He hit Sabre again with his full strength and sent him flying into the wall. Sabre slowly and shakily got up, "I-I won't l-let you win..." Nightmare Steve laughed, "I don't think you have a choice."

He grabbed Sabre and threw him across the room. He landed with a crash and painfully rolled to a stop. Nightmare Steve slowly walked up to him. He grabbed Sabre by the front of his shirt and lifted him up, "It's over Sabre!" Sabre looked down in defeat, he had failed.

...

"Finally we're back!" Rainbow Steve shouted, running full speed into the Rainbow Town. "It's good to be home..." Lucas said in relief. "Yep!" Moose yelled, running after Rainbow Steve, who had gone to the Rainbow Tree of Life. "Well, I guess someone is excited." Mogi laughed, closing the gate with Light Steve.

"It is so good to be out the Nightmare Realm! That place just brings back bad memories..." Lucas sighed. "But hey! On the bright side we can now conclude that Sabre and Nathan, apparently, are both alive and here! Later, after we rest for a bit, we can go search for them again." Mogi happily said. Lucas smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I would like that... Also, we never did figure out what happened to Dark Steve."

Mogi seemed a bit confused and Light Steve shrugged, showing he had no clue. "Guess we'll figure it out later." Lucas said, "If you guys don't mind, I'm going to the rainbow house so I can sleep. I'll see you guys later." "Bye Lucas." Mogi said and Light Steve waved.

Lucas entered the house and carefully put away his stuff into the chest. He yawned and walked upstairs. Lucas looked around, everything seemed nor- WAIT a minute! Was his room door open this long! He walked into his room and saw someone asleep on his bed. They looked familiar, though he couldn't tell who they were. He walked over to them and saw their monkey onesie, only one name came to mind, "Spencer!"