Chapter 8

Hey everyone,

How have you all been! Me, I am dead tired from a long day with cousins. Sorry I didn't update on Friday. Some things came up, but I have the chapter now! So here you all go!

Also, I don't know if you all have realized yet, but the Ghost Steve in this book is not the same one in Sabre's series. Funny thing is I made up Ghost Steve before Sabre did.

Yours Truly,

Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is summoning lightening supposed to drain so much energy?" Sabre asked as walked into Dark Steve's office in the Nightmare Palace. "Um, no. Since when could you summon lightening?" Sabre shrugged and said, "Since 2 hours ago and I almost passed out. So, is it supposed to be like that or am I just new to it?" Dark Steve looked down in concentration, his red eyes boring into the floor. It suddenly dawned on him what was happening, and a grim look came across his face. He sighed in sadness and replied, "It's just because you're still new to being a steve. It should get easier over time."

Sabre knew that something was off, but he probably wasn't going to get anything out of Dark Steve. "Alright then, well I'm gonna go and talk to Ghost Steve, see you later I guess." With that he walked away to go and find Ghost Steve.

Dark Steve watched him walk away with a pang of sadness. He had caused this, but it wasn't like he could stop now. He had come this far, might as well finish what he started. Though now he was starting to doubt if he truly wanted this. He had been created to help other steves, to protect them. Now he was a corrupted shadow of who he once was.

His past had always bugged him since he couldn't remember much before he had been corrupted by Nightmare Steve. But he had his orders and he didn't even know if he could defie them. His eyes flickered from their natural black to the unnatural red. He sighed, "I'm sorry Sabre, but none of us can stop this now. You're our only hope of stopping my mistake."

...

Sabre hugged Ghost Steve as he cried. It was very awkward, especially because of how cold he was. Sabre was shivering where their skin made contact. "I'm sure he won't be angry. I mean it can't be that bad, hey maybe we could fix it ourselves!"

Ghost Steve looked at the machine then Sabre and raised his eyebrow. "Don't give me that look. If you don't remember correctly I used to make machines all the time. It shouldn't be that hard to fix this one. Though what exactly does it do and how did you break it?" "Um, well, the machine is supposed to be making shadow stone and I accidentally unphased inside all the redstone wiring."

Sabre looked back at the totaled machine. The entire left side was nothing but floating blocks of materials. "Well we better get started." The two of them started to walk around and collect materials and slowly but surely rebuild the machine. "Also, I came here to apologize for my behavior earlier. That was totally uncalled for. You were just trying to be nice to me and I was a jerk to you."

Ghost Steve smiled, "Eh, it's fine. I understand it must be very difficult for you to be stuck here. Though I appreciate you coming and saying sorry. So, can we be friends!" Sabre smiled too, in what felt like forever. "Yeah, I guess so, you're not as bad as Dark Steve."

Ghost Steve looked down in sorrow. "Oh uh, um. Look I'm... I didn't mean to make you upset." Ghost Steve shook his head, "Oh no, it wasn't you. It's just that... Well you see Dark Steve wasn't always like this. He used to be just like the other steves. Then Nightmare Steve came along and ruined it!"

Sabre was now very intrigued and looked at Ghost Steve as he asked, "What happened to you and Dark Steve?" Ghost Steve was silent for a minute before he sighed and motioned for him to follow. "Let's go to my room, then I'll tell you our story."

...

Unspeakable, or Nathan, looked at his surroundings. He was in a desert with nothing in sight but sand and cacti. He had been here for about two hours now and understood that he wasn't dreaming. He was in Minecraft, although he didn't understand how. The last thing he remembered was that he had been at a sleep over at Moose's place. It had been him, Moose, Mogi, and Spencer. Sabre had also been invited but had never shown up.

They had called him a few times, but he had never picked up. So, they had decided to do something to see if they could contact him that way. Though he couldn't remember what.

He continued walking in a direction that would hopefully provide trees. Then he could get some tools and find the others if they were here too. "But that doesn't mean I can't make the most of this while I'm here!" With that he ran at full speed, most literally, into the sunset!