Chapter 17

He had done it... He had done it! He had escaped the cave! Spencer smiled as the sun hit his face. He honestly didn't know how long he had been trapped down there but it had to have been at least two to three days. He sighed and lay down in the warm grass. He was in a small meadow filled with flowers and surrounded by a forest of oak trees. It was a very nice change of scenery compared to the cave and eternal darkness.

Now that he was safe and calm, he actually had time to think. So how had he gotten here? He had gone to the sleep over at Moose's house. They had tried to contact Sabre and then red eyes. Spencer groaned, he was missing something. What had they done to find Sabre. Yes! He remembered, Mogi had mentioned that he was probably playing over on his Steve Saga server. They had gone to Moose's computer and Mogi, who still had the server from an episode he had done a long time ago with Sabre, sent it to Moose. They had logged on and typed in chat, asking if Sabre was online. No one responded so they checked the tab lisf and saw something very wrong. It said that both Lucas and Sabre were on, but their names were glitched out, you could only see their character faces.

It was then that It had appeared. The screen suddenly turned to TV static and two red eyes appeared. Evil laughter was heard and everybody had started panicking. Suddenly, the room had started to spin and Spencer looked at those red eyes one last time before he passed out. The red eyes... Well whoever they belong to has somehow caused this. Spencer then sat up, if he was here, then everybody else probably was too. He had to find them, before that thing got them! "Don't worry guys! I'm coming!"

...

Lucas was pacing outside the Steve Temple. They were running out of time, Sabre could be in terrible danger and Dark Steve would destroy him eventually or do something much worse. The only two places he could possibly be at was the End or the Nightmare Dimension and neither of those places were ones he wanted to visit. Unfortunately, the Nightmare Dimension was probably where he was and he really didn't want to go back there, it only brought back bad memories. Though if he really wanted to get his friend back he would have to go back there.

"Oh, hey Lucas, are you done pacing?" Moose asked as he walked over to him. "Yeah, you've been doing that for like the last hour!" Mogi put in. "It wasn't that long." Lucas said smiling. "So, do you two know where Light Steve and Rainbow Steve are?" Moose nodded and pointed to the Rainbow Tree of Life. "Yeah, actually we were talking to them before we came to find you." "All right, good, because I know where we need to go to search for Sabre and I don't think you guys are going to like it." Mogi shrugged and Moose laughed, "Don't worry, I think we can handle it."

They walked over to the Rainbow Tree of Life and waved at the two Steve's, who were standing by the stone machine. "Hey guys, I know where we have to go to look for Sabre." Rainbow Steve's face lit up, "Really! Where?" " The Nightmare Dimension." Rainbow Steve suddenly turned around and started to walk away. "Nope nope nope nope! Okay, bye! I will be here when you get back! Good luck finding Sabre!" Lucas roll his eyes and grabbed Rainbow Steve's arm pulling him back.

"We are a team, we stick together. That means we all have to go together. Anyways, Rainbow Steve you are the only one here who has powers. If Dark Steve were to show up we couldn't defend ourselves without you." Rainbow Steve sighed, " all right, but I'm not happy about it." Lucas smiled, " trust me, none of us are. Now I believe we should head out, if we want to get to dark Steve's base before nightfall." They all nodded and started the long trip there.

...

"So... You're like half Steve now?" Sabre nodded. "And the Steve you were forcefully merged with is Nightmare Steve and he is evil?" Saber nodded again. "So now you're trying to build a machine to get rid of Nightmare Steve before he takes over your body?" Sabre nodded once more. "And he is a good guy?" Unspeakable asked, pointing at Dark Steve. "Yes, he is. Well, at least from what I know."