Spark to spark-ish

CHAPTER EIGHT
2ND POV
7 / 1 5 / 1 9
/ / /
"You believe stealing is wrong, but if your family was starving and could not afford bread, wouldn't you say it's okay to steal a loaf to feed them?"
– A.J. Darkholme
/ / /

   "Why are you neutral?" Arcee questioned, glancing over at you.

   You hadn't prepared anything for this. "I want to protect my plus one. I'm also rather averse to violence, as is she." Technically, not a lie.

   "You didn't seem so averse to it when we met."

   "I didn't want you to die. 'Specially, your human. They're durability doesn't seem to good in the face of Decepticons."

   This seemed to surprise her. All the Decepticons wouldn't have spared a thought. You seemed quite genuine in your last encounter, as well as this one. Unfortunately, plenty of bots were good actors.

   "Who's your plus one?"

   "I can't tell you that," you told her apologetically. You kept your wings level.

   "Why not? I thought you said you'd answer my questions." Her optics slimmed at you.

   "I said I was willing to answer questions. I didn't promise anything." Arcee turned her helm with a quiet grunt. You touched her shoulder lightly, hoping you weren't crossing any boundaries. Her winglets perked up in surprise and her attention was back on you. You explained sincerely, "I'm sorry. My plus one means a lot to me. More than you know. I don't want to violate 'er trust. What I can promise is that I'm being as truthful as I can with everythin' else. You don't want me getting personal, and I'd like you to respect the reverse." You removed your servo. She nodded in agreement.

   "Sorry."

   You shrugged and waved your servos. "I get it. You're on edge, still trying to figure out what my motives are and if you can trust me. I understand, war's a hard time for everyone." Arcee's optics were wide, surprised at your lack of anger. You'd seemed to know just what was going on inside her helm too. How could you be so nonchalant about everything?

   "Um . . . thanks," she answered quietly and honestly. She glanced up at you, raw emotion in your optics. Your face flushed as you thought about how lovely she looked with her walls down.

   "Anytime," you said softly. She quickly looked away. You hoped to have more moments like that in the future. But now it was time to move on, and you asked, "So who's in Earth's resident Autobot team?"

   "Well, there's our leader, Optimus Prime, our Wrecker, Bulkhead, our scout, Bumblebee, our old aft medic and scientist, Ratchet, and . . ."

   ". . . And?" You got the feeling something bad happened.

   Arcee shook her helm and seemed to brush it off. Her walls had pulled themselves up again. "He's not technically part of our team, but our other Wrecker, Wheeljack, visits every now and then."

   "Hm. That it?"

   The femme's optics squinted a little. "Yes." You were sure you said the wrong thing.