Story 22: One Summer, Two Twins

Start from the beginning

"Time Bubbles?" said Dipper, "Don't you mean weirdness bubbles?"

"Yeah," added Mabel, "Those are all gone along with the giant one I was stuck in."

"These are diff...different," said Blendin, "Time Bubbles occur when time is stopped for too long. Bi...Bill stopped time for several days which created many in th...this valley. They'll disappear soon, bu...but I...I just wanted to warn you...you guys given I...I know you."

"Aww. Thanks, Blendin," said Mabel.

"Don...don't take it the wrong way," he replied, "I...I'm still on the run from those time agents for my deal with Bill. I needed to get them off my tr...trail for a while so I ca...came here given the bubbles. See you guys later."

Blendin ran off into the woods as Dipper and Mabel looked on.

"You think we'll ever see him again?" asked Mabel.

"Perhaps," said Dipper, "I mean, he is a time traveller after all."

----

Later that day, as Dipper and Mabel were packing, Dipper spotted something out the window.

"Uh. Mabel?"

"What?" she said.

"You gotta see this."

Mabel walked over to the window and looked out. The two of them both looked out and down at a huge bubble floating around the Mystery Shack front yard. It was dark blue and had yellowish glow coming out of it. The two ran as quick as they could downstairs and out the door. They paused directly in front of it.

"This must be one of those time bubbles Blendin was telling us about," said Mabel.

"Yeah," said Dipper, "We better stay back from it. Who knows what maybe inside?"

As the twins walked back, Dipper accidently tripped on a stone that was pointing out of the ground.

"Dipper!" yelled Mabel, as she tried to grab him.

But their combined weight and loss of balance made them trip. They fell straight into the bubble.

----

May 31st, 2012

Gravity Falls, Oregon

"This attic is amazing. Check out all my splinters!" said Mabel as she finished putting a poster up on her wall.

Dipper walked up to his bed and was surprised by what he saw on it.

"And there's a goat on my bed," he said.

Mabel walked up to Dipper's bed and looked at the goat.

"Hey, friend."

The goat began to chew the sleeve of her sweater, "Oh! Yes, you can keep chewing on my sweater."

Dipper didn't seem as amused as Mabel was at the situation.

"Alright, goat! Get off my bed!"

Dipper chased the goat out of the room, but not before tripping on a loose floor board.

Mabel laughed, "Well, I'll remember not to walk there."

"Ha, ha, very funny," said Dipper, "I don't even think this room has air conditioning."

"Well, we have a window," said Mabel, as the window cracked, "Well...we had a window."