Story 8: Rainy day for Golf

Summary: When a rainy day ruins their plans, Dipper and Mabel try to make the most of the situation by having some fun indoors.

Dipper and Mabel, were eagerly finishing up their breakfast. Today was going to be an exciting day. They were both planning on going out on an adventure into the forest to look for monsters.

"You see Mabel, the barf fairy can easily be found from the smell of its barf. According to the journal, it's supposed to smell like rotten berries and two-day old egg salad," said Dipper.

"Oh please, I'm used to smelling your dirty laundry. This should be nothing. My nose is already burning up on the inside," said Mabel cheekily.

Dipper shrugged it off.

"You kids sure are up early," said Stan as he walked into the room.

"Morning Grunkle Stan. Me and Dipper are just getting ready to go barf fairy hunting today," said Mabel as Dipper nodded his head.

"Whatever that means," said Stan, "And anyways, you probably don't wanna go today. Weather report calls for a huge thunderstorm all afternoon."

"What?!" yelled Dipper, "But Barf Fairies don't come out in the rain! It makes them sicker apparently!"

"Well sorry kid, but you guys can't go outside," said Stan as he casually opened up the morning paper, "I promised your parents you'd both return home with as many limbs as you left with. Also, I don't think they'd like it if one of you were burned to a crisp from being struck by lightning,"

It was an hour later. Dipper and Mabel sat on the sofa, channel surfing. The storm outside thundered violently as the rain poured down in a nonstop momentum.

"Uh, there's nothing good on today!" said Mabel.

"Guess it's because we spent all of yesterday watching TV. We don't even have any snacks," said Dipper as he lifted up the remote to switch the old Worrel TV off.

"Hold up Dipper! There's a golf game on!" yelled Mabel as the TV landed on a golf channel.

The golfer putted his golf ball and lands a hole in one. Mabel cheered.

"Oh hey, Mabel," said Dipper, "Remember when you won the Piedmont junior mini golf competition?"

"Oh yeah," replied Mabel, "I spent the day before practicing on that homemade golf course you and I made in our room. I got like 6 hours of sleep that day."

Dipper laughed, "Yeah. You'd have fallen asleep during the game if mom hadn't given you that juice box and told you she'd take you out for ice cream if you at least participated."

Mabel laughed back, "Mom sure does know how I work. But dad's the one who really knows how to have fun. Remember the spontaneous water park trip and late-night pizza run?" said Mabel, "Hey. That gives me a great idea for what we can do."

"Spontaneous pizza eating contest?" responded Dipper.

"No. But write that down for next week's lazy Tuesday. Remember how there's some old golf clubs in the closet in our room? How about we make our own indoor golf course? Just like how we did back then!"

Dipper smiled, "Sounds like fun. Though I barley remember what we used to build it."

"Not to worry Dipping sauce. Mabel's got her scrapbooks of memories to guide us," said Mabel as she raced upstairs and returned with a scrapbook titled, "summer 2008."

"I'll coordinate the build, you do the building and we'll both work to get all the pieces," she said.

"Sounds like a plan. Though, I'm looking at this photo and seeing a lot of things that for sure aren't in the Mystery Shack," said Dipper.