25th Page: Midnight Sun Incursion

Start from the beginning

"But...I'm not half as strong as you are..." The younger Yuno commented sadly, only for (Y/N) to pat his shoulder comfortingly.

"That's why we'll both be improving! While I help you, you can help me! That's why people train together, isn't it?" The young (Y/N) grinned happily, Yuno nodding with a hum.

"I guess so. Well then, let's do it." Despite his nervousness, Yuno steeled himself slightly, preparing to face his own brother.

"Well then, I'm coming at you!" The younger (Y/N) warned as he disappeared from Yuno's view, causing the younger Yuno to panic and look around aimlessly.

"Come on, Yuno. You can't panic in a real battle." The younger (Y/N) spoke as he reappeared by a tree, looking at his brother with a slight frown.

"B-But you disappeared so fast..." Yuno stuttered, causing (Y/N) to make an "Oh" face.

"Oh, I see...you're relying too much on your eyes. They can deceive you, you know. You have wind magic, and I heard from the others in the village that wind mages are really good at sensing mana! How about this, let's try again! But this time, don't look for me with your eyes, but try to sense the changes in the mana around here...then, you'll always know where I am!" The younger (Y/N) proposed with a goofy grin.

"But that sounds so complicated..." Yuno shook slightly, only for (Y/N) to smile at him warmly.

"Yeah...to be good at battling, a person also needs to put in the effort to learn!" (Y/N) laughed, placing himself a small distance away from Yuno.

"Alright...I'll try!" Yuno thought with conviction.

"That's the spirit, let's go!" Once again, (Y/N) disappeared, and despite expecting it, Yuno still panicked...

"One more time!" Yuno asked, seeing his brother reappear a bit away.

"Alright, alright! We can do this for as long as it takes!" The younger (Y/N) laughed, walking back to his original spot.

Flashback Ends...

"That's right...I don't need my eyes to fight..." Yuno thought as he remembered back to that day, recalling that despite trying all day, Yuno had been unable to push past his need for a visual aid.

"But this time...I don't have the luxury of falling back to my eyes...huh?" Yuno thought, though his eyes widened slightly as he saw, within the black abyss, a single, green bird-like mana source soar around him, before many more appeared.

"Is this...the flow of mana?" Yuno thought, puzzled as he sensed the mana lead him elsewhere, following its flow.

"Come on, hurry up and beg for your life! If you don't, I'm just going to have to kill you." The witch taunted Yuno's unmoving figure.

"There are so many things I want to ask you~! Hey, can you hear me? Hey, come on, answer me~!" The witch laughed with glee, though Yuno still didn't respond.

"Would you shut up? I couldn't care less about you. I just...don't want to lose...to Asta!" Yuno thought, a newfound conviction flooding through him.