25th Page: Midnight Sun Incursion

Start from the beginning

"Hey, can you hear me? Hello?" The witch taunted, a sick smile on her face.

"My ears are also going...is this her power?" Yuno speculated, though he was unsure if that was the case, despite it seeming like the most plausible scenario.

"My [Ash Curse Magic: Cheerful Ash Destruction] works very gradually, you know. First, your eyes stop working, then, your ears, and finally...your whole body!" The witch laughed mockingly.

"You'll pay for having the insolence to refer to me as an old hag!" The witch taunted, though Yuno payed her no mind.

"Dammit...people expected a lot from my four leaf clover...I even joined the top Magic Knights Squad, the Golden Dawn...and yet, here I am..." Yuno thought helplessly, faintly feeling himself receiving more attacks.

"Who cares about a four leaf clover? That stupid peasant, getting a big head..."

"Hmph. He lacks the talent worthy to be a member of the Golden Dawn."

"I'm sure he won't last long."

Countless insults played in Yuno's head, however, he could tell that wasn't the reason for his helplessness.

Images flashed around in his head, all his training, and yet here he was helpless.

"But...even still, back at the Dungeon, I couldn't even defeat that guy, I was just stuck in those bindings and had to rely on (Y/N) to save me..." Yuno recalled, a sigh escaping his lips.

"And even then, what saved (Y/N) wasn't my own power...it was just something I'd stumbled upon...a power that I can't control...not to mention it doesn't want to listen to me...heck, the only reason I'm still here is because that power got me out of the spatial Magic's range..." Yuno couldn't help but remember the past events, silently cursing his own lack of control.

"It's not like we're expecting anything from that peasant."

"No...that's not it...that isn't why I'm frustrated..." Yuno thought, waving his hand in front of him and creating a tornado.

"Woah! Where are you aiming?! You have to aim properly...like this!" The witch's laughter rang through Yuno's ears despite his failing hearing, the cocky tone in her voice obvious.

However, he was helpless as he received dozens of attacks, unable to even move away.

"If you say, "I'm sorry, miss." and adorably beg for your life, I might forgive you~!" The witch taunted, offering survival to Yuno.

"Not a...chance..." Yuno muttered out weakly, realizing he could no longer see anything as he closed his eyes.

"I know the answer...somewhere, somehow, I know that I learned the answer...but when?" Yuno pondered helplessly, floating in an endless abyss.

"Hey- Yuno! Train with me~!" A familiar, cheerful voice sounded out in Yuno's head as he remembered a familiar memory.

Flashback...

"Hey, come on Yuno, train with me!" A young (Y/N) extended his hand out to Yuno, of whom was training by himself against some rocks.