chapter fourteen - parties

Staying in Jame's dream city wasn't everything I expected it to be

My distance with Alex was torturous and staying away from her made my body ache so badly that sometimes I wanted to break the rules we had set out just so I could hold her once more.

Filming was furiously fast. There were two days off in the week we've been here and in those two days, management booked every cast member into interviews, photoshoots and meet and greets - all too boost our viewership across the globe. Sure we had that one night out, but I was exhausted either way.

So when we got to the last day, I was just relieved. Making sure I got James a token he would probably love, I planned to spend the rest of the day right here.

With her.

Both Alex and I had miraculously been booked into nothing. With only one small scene to film on the morning, we've obviously managed to slip through the net in managements trap. Embracing my free day, I phoned Alex.

A day together wouldn't hurt. There's less paps in Tokyo and although there's more people, less of them know us. The chances are low and we deserve some time together.

"You said you haven't ordered room service, yeah?" Alex
asks as she browses the menu, looking at me for confirmation. When I nod in agreement, she sighs. "I don't know why. I mean look at these choices! Sometimes I think I should just date a foodie so I have someone to discuss this stuff with."

Sitting up from the bed, I stand up and run a hand through my hair. Making my way over to where Alex sits on top of the desk, I come to stand between her legs. Taking her face between my hands, I bring our faces together for a kiss.

Her lips move without hesitation against mine and I push myself closer to her, always wanting to be closer. Breaking our lips apart, I trail kisses down her neck before whispering in her ear, "Sorry, I'll just leave since I'm not a foodie."

"Mmm, don't leave." Alex sighs, running her hands up my arms and into my hair.

With Alex not helping with my situation further down, I decide I need to take the situation into my own hands as I know we can't push this further - it's too risky.

"Why don't we go out?" I ask, my voice rough to even my own ears.

"Let's just do this all day." Alex mumbles, continuing to run her hands through my hair as she kisses me between her words.

"We can't, you know that. There's management everywhere in this hotel, like ants." I grunt, taking a painful step back to keep myself under control.

Taking Alex's hand in my own, I go and sit on the desk chair beside her as she stays seated on the desk. Playing with her hands, Alex lets out a sigh. Placing a kiss on the outside of her hand, I look up at her in confusion.

"You okay?" I ask, confused over the quick turn in her mood.

"I don't wanna go out." She murmurs, avoiding my eye contact despite us still being close to each other.