Chapter 2 - The First Day

After we have our last sleepover, we each head to our separate rooms. Mary walks home as she only lives a few houses down from us with the gymnastics girls. Justice, Brooklyn and Breanna live together about five minutes away so I offer to drive them home. Meghan lives in the room next to me, so she just heads there while I'm gone. When I finally get home, I decide to pick out my outfit for the first day of junior year. 

My style can best be described as comfy, beachy streetwear. I typically lean towards beachy styles that are comfortable yet stylish. However, I am super into the streetwear look and love wearing some edgy pieces as well. 

I find my favorite white sweater. It usually falls off my shoulder so I pair it with a black bralette. I find a darker wash jean skirt that's not too short and add a black belt to finish the look. I decide to wear my favorite white chunky sneakers with white frilly ankle socks. I add a gold crescent moon necklace, some rings and some gold stud earrings to finish the look. 

I'm pretty satisfied with this first-day look. I fold it all up and set it on my hanging wicker chair in the corner of my baby pink room. 

My bed is the best part of the room. It's queen-sized with a cream-colored duvet. It's almost never made, with blankets and pillows all over the place. My floor, however, is always clean. The walls are lined with family photos, pictures with friends and paintings. I like to surround myself with things I love and things that inspire me.

All of us girls, except for Justice, are heading into our junior year. We always try to schedule a few classes together, so we can see each other during the day. I know I have a class with each of them, which I love!

After dinner, I head up to my room to FaceTime with my friends. Meghan comes into my room too. We all show each other our first-day outfits and plan when we will wake up. We decide to meet at our favorite cafe, Baxter's, at 9:00 am. We say our goodbyes, groan and grunt over the fact that we have to go to school tomorrow and head to bed. 

___________________________________________________________

In the morning, I wake up to my annoying alarm, beeping non-stop. I look at the clock, 8:00, and lay back down. I finally decide to get up and notice that I'm running late! I quickly throw on my first-day outfit. I brush my teeth and then head to do my hair. I sit at my vanity and decide to keep my natural beach waves but pull my hair out of my face with some bobby pins. I stick to natural makeup as I typically don't put much on. I add some concealer, mascara and highlighter. I brush a little bit of pink on my eyelids and finish off the look with clear lipgloss. 

Meghan comes barging into my room.

"We have 10 minutes until we have to leave!" She says excitedly.

"Are you ready to go?" she notices that I am still sitting at my vanity.  

I stand up quickly and grab my computer, shoving it into my backpack. I grab my phone and headphones and stuff them in my skirt pocket. I sit on the side of my bed and pull my socks and shoes on. I jump up from my bed and run down the stairs, Meghan following behind me.

"Gotta bring snacks, am I right?" I joke, grabbing a granola bar and stuffing it into my backpack. 

"I'm ready!" I say, standing proudly, with two minutes to spare.

"You're ridiculous." Meghan laughs and grabs my arm, pulling me out the door. 

We walk to Baxter's which is only about a ten-minute walk. Once we get there, I see everyone but Mary in our typical back corner booth.

"Where's Mary?" I ask.

"Oh she's running late, I ordered her a coffee to go." Brooklyn smiles cheekily, holding up a coffee proudly.