Pumpkins

Credit (anarchyaustralia)

Ashton: "Daaaad, this is gross!" Your eight year old daughter pulled a face while scooping out the innards of her pumpkin, her hands covered in the squishy guts. "That's the fun part, though!" Ashton replied, smiling wide. The little girl rolled her eyes. "Can you just do it for me?" she asked, her eyes wide and pleading. Ashton shook his head, still smiling. "Nope, baby girl, this is all yours." With a sigh she stuck her hands in the pumpkin again, her nose scrunching in disgust. "I hate this," she mumbled. Ashton shook his head, still smiling at her complaints. With a sneaky grin, he grabbed some of the inside of the pumpkin, walking closer to his girl before laying the mush on her head. His daughter's eyes widened at the sensation, her mouth falling open. "Dad. What did you just do." She grabbed her own handful of pumpkin guts and threw it at Ashton, a smile on her face as an all-out pumpkin war began to take place in the Irwin kitchen.

Calum: "You really have to cut into it, y/n," Calum said while demonstrating his pumpkin carving skills, the small knife eating away at the flesh of the pumpkin. You smiled at Calum as you worked on your own pumpkin. He seemed to think you had no clue how to carve a pumpkin even though you'd been doing it each year since you were five. The two of you sat in comfortable silence, some music playing softly in the background as the smell of pumpkin filled the house. Calum took a break as his hand began to cramp and went to peer at your pumpkin. "What the hell?" Calum's shoulder's fell as he took in your intricate carving of a haunted house, each line precise and sharp. "This is so good," he said, frowning. You smiled, tugging on his shirt so he would lean down and kiss you. "I've had a lot of practice," you mumbled between kisses. Calum's eyes fluttered shut as a smile pulled at his lips. "Maybe you can teach me sometime," he said breathlessly before pulling you away from the pumpkin and onto the couch where you could be a little more comfortable.

Luke: "I don't like the pumpkin I picked," Luke sighed, eying the incredibly awkward, elongated pumpkin he had chosen at the pumpkin patch. "I don't think I can even carve it." You shook your head incredulously at your boyfriend. "You chose the pumpkin, you knew what you were getting into," you chuckled. Luke pouted some more, turning the pumpkin so he could judge which side would hold his carving masterpiece. "I have an idea," Luke said suddenly, jumping up from the table and leaving the room. He was back quickly with the box of art supplies you kept in your closet. "Want to help me paint my pumpkin?" he asked with a giddy smile, pulling out different colors of paint. The two of you worked on the pumpkin, creating doodles and mixing colors until it was a (slightly messy) work of art. The two of you stood back and admired what you had created, paint covering your hands and a little in your hair, Luke giving you a quick peck on the cheek now that he was happy with his pumpkin.

Michael: "Are you even carving your pumpkin?" you asked to a distracted Michael. His eyes were trained on the TV and his hands were still on the table. "Shhh, I'm watching the movie," he whispered, winking at you. You had turned on your favorite Halloween movie to play in the background while you carved pumpkins, but now that seemed to be all Michael was interested in. You rolled your eyes, continuing to work on your own pumpkin. Soon, though, you too began to become immersed in the movie, and Michael pulled you over so you could sit on his lap and watch it together. "We really need to finish our pumpkins," you whispered, eyes on the movie and hands grasping Michael's flannel because the movie was a little scary. He shushed you, wrapping his arms tighter around your waist as your pumpkins sat alone on the table, ready to be worked on later.