Prologue

Cassie's Journal

December 5th

Six months ago if someone told me the strange twists my life would take, I'd have laughed. Straight to their face. In the most vivid imagination about the course of my existence, standing on a cliff overlooking a frigid Norwegian bay was never on my radar. This is the least alarming of the unexpected series of events which shaped my future.

By this time, my solo trip to Europe would be a memory. Life would consist of serving cocktails in the casino bar where I used to work. Maybe I'd be in school studying for a real career. Maybe I'd have a normal boyfriend who treated me well. Someone like Zach. Maybe nothing would have changed. Any one of those choices were predictable and possible. Compared to the path leading me here, I'd even say finding a billionaire husband or hitting the lottery wasn't out of the realm of reality.

How I ended up here? The answer is surreal. In many ways.

Today, I'm waiting for my husband's return from his latest venture. In a breath he'll appear behind me, as always. Within moments we'll be swept across time to our warm home. He won't waste a moment demonstrating his love and hunger for me.

A thin layer of snow blankets the forest, except for a small, protective perimeter surrounding me. The air crackles with his sudden presence. An odd mix of warmth, electricity and calm.

Closing my journal, I rise from the large rock bench and turn.

"You're here. You came back to me."

Bare-chested, long hair loose and wild over his shoulders, the heated gaze of this large, beautiful man ignites waves of desire more powerful than the churning sea below the cliff. He strides toward me with purpose, nostrils flaring, blue-gray eyes icy and intense, his familiar voice low and sensuous.

"Of course I've come for you, dove. I always have. I always do. I always will."

******

Welcome to my second Wattpad novel! I hope you like the story of Cassie and Gunnar! Please feel free to comment and vote! Votes are good!

Also, thanks to Cover Design by James, at www.GoOnWrite.com for the amazing cover.