When the Levee Breaks- Part 1

Zacznij od początku

"He's going to be okay. I'll heal him," you whispered before the two of you joined your dad in the main room where he sat at his desk with three glasses of whiskey. Sam started screaming, and that boy had a pair of lungs on him since you could hear everything he said even from upstairs.

"Stop! Stop!!" Sam screamed.

"I'll take water right now," you whispered as you took a seat with a sigh. Dean left the room to get you a bottle as your father stared at you.

"How do you know this is even working?" Dean came back with a bottle, and you took it graciously.

"I see it happening, I see my magic healing him. I can't explain it, and I don't know when this all started, but I see demons and angels differently now. With demons, there is a black glow around their bodies and the more evil they are, the thicker and blacker it gets. With Sam, that black glow is there, but when I give him my magic, it goes away just a little bit with each dosage.

"I'm not sure why I didn't see Amelia with a black glow, I just assume I'm either not strong enough or she was good at hiding it. With Castiel, Anna, and the other angels, I see a white glow around them. The more pure, the brighter it is. Something happened to Castiel in heaven because when I saw him, that bright glow wasn't as bright as before.

"My magic is healing Sam, it'll just take some time." Sighing for the tenth time, you switched out your bottle for the glass of whiskey. As soon as you grabbed it, you heard Sam yell in pain once more.

"How long do you think this is going to go on?" Dean asked as he accepted the drink. Taking yours, you wince every time Sam yelled in pain. Downing your glass, you held it out for more. As soon as your dad poured you another one, he spoke.

"Here, let me look it up in my demon-detox manual. Oh wait. No one ever wrote one. No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or if Sam will even live through it," he sighed. Wincing once more, the phone started ringing which gave you something else to focus on. "Hello?... Suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you."

"What's up with Rufus?" you asked once he hung up.

"He knows." The phone rang once more before your dad angrily picked it up.

"I'm busy, you son of a bitch. This better be important," he said just as his face fell. Whatever Rufus told him was big, and it wasn't good news.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After your dad got the information he needed from his friend, he handed the pieces of paper to you and Dean to look over.

"The news, and the news ain't good."

"This is what Rufus called about?" Dean asked as he read what was on the paper. "'Key West sees ten species go extinct'."

"Yep. Plus, Alaska. Fifteen-man fishing crew all stricken blind, cause unknown. New York, teacher goes postal, locks the door, kills exactly sixty-six kids. All this in a single day. I looked them up. There's no doubt about it. They're all seals. Breaking. Fast."

"How many are left?" you asked.

"Who knows? Can't be many. Where the hell are your angel pals?"

"You tell me," you scoffed, remembering the last time you tangled with an angel. Whatever happened to Castiel in Heaven wasn't good.

"I'm just wondering," your dad started thinking, "with the apocalypse being nigh and all... is now really the right time to be having this little domestic drama of ours?"

What do you mean?" Dean asked.

"Well, I don't like this any more than you do, but Sam can kill demons. He's got a shot at stopping Armageddon."