Jump the Shark- Part 1

Start from the beginning

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean approached the café that Adam said to meet at. Whoever this man claimed to be, it was a trap set for John. However, it was a trap for you three now. Getting out of the car, you could tell Dean was pissed, and not just regular pissed, it was royally. Of course, you were pissed too, but that was another problem for another day.

"Dean, look, best I can tell, Adam Milligan is real," Sam said as he read from a file he acquired on Adam. Dean walked to the trunk and opened it, going for the weapons box.

"Um, born September twenty-ninth, 1990 to Kate Milligan. No father listed on the birth certificate. He's an Eagle Scout," the younger brother continued. Dean, however, pulled out assorted weapons including Ruby's knife.

"Graduated from high school with honors and currently goes to the University of Wisconsin—biology major, pre-med." Once Dean got everything he needed, he closed the box and then the trunk. "Dean? You listening?"

"This is a trap," he spoke before walking into the café. Looking at Sam, you followed the older brother inside before choosing a table in the back by a corner. This place wasn't overly busy, but it didn't matter how many people were inside, this Adam guy wasn't leaving here alive.

Once you three sat down on one side of the booth, Sam thumped his dad's journal onto the table before opening it up.

"Dean, I'm telling you, the kid checks out."

"Great, so he's an actual person on the planet Earth. Sucks he's got a demon in him." A waitress, Denise, approached the table with three glasses of water before setting them down.

"Hi. Welcome to Cousin Oliver's. Can I—"

"We're actually waiting on somebody," Dean rudely interrupted her, but she misread the situation. If she knew what was going on, she would understand why Dean was acting like that. Annoyed, she slapped down three menus before walking away. Dean immediately grabbed his glass before pouring the water into the potted plant behind you.

"What are you—" Sam asked as Dean grabbed a flask of holy water from his jacket before pouring it into the empty glass. "Holy water?"

"I'm not understanding why you're not acting like this," you said, letting Dean do his own thing.

"One sip of Jesus juice, this evil bitch is gonna be in a world of hurt," Dean growled. Once he placed the glass on the other end of the table, he grabbed a felt-wrapped package from his jacket.

"And what if he's not possessed?" Sam asked.

"Then he is a shapeshifter," Dean unwrapped the package that contained silver cutlery which he replaced the original utensils with.

"Hence the silver," you added. Sam looked through John's journal as Dean did his thing.

"Look, either way, this thing is gonna bleed. I mean, using Dad as bait? That's the last mistake of its short, pitiful life."

"Dean... listen. There's an entry in Dad's journal," Sam flipped through it. "From January of 1990, saying he's headed to Minnesota to check out a case. That's, roughly, oh, about nine months before the kid was born."

"Coincidence," you and Dean said at the same time.

"Coincidence. Next two pages of the journal—torn out," he showed the torn edges of what used to be.

"You're not actually buying into this, are you?" you asked with a light scoff.

"Look, I don't want to believe it either, I'm just saying it's possible. I mean, Dad would be gone for weeks at a time, and he wasn't exactly a monk. A hunter rolls into town, kills a monster, saves the girl... sometimes the girl's grateful."