22 | crαzу ℓιттℓє тнιиg cαℓℓє∂ ℓσνє

Is it the way it's supposed to be

When I look into your eyes

Chapter 22 ~ Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Ryan Rivera

River had made himself comfortable on the edge of my bed, surveying the small room equipped with nothing more than a bunk bed and a twin bed with a dresser separating the two, while also running a towel through his blond hair that had resembled more of a dark brown from being wet. It was almost midnight; we had lost track of time after deciding to go for a late night swim, but I made the proper arrangements with Bryan to ensure we'd have the room for ourselves tonight.

"Gah, I'm starving," River was the first one to speak once I closed the door. He rested his towel in his lap and leaned over, selfishly blocking the view of his toned abs underneath, but I figured it wouldn't be too long until I got to see them again.

I ditched my towel and made my way over to him, carefully lowering myself onto the empty space beside him. "There's leftover hotdogs and hamburgers in the fridge. I can warm some up for you."

River gave his full attention to me, his jade green eyes twinkling with amusement along with the silly smile he was wearing. "Thanks for the offer, Ryan, but I'm a vegan, remember? And funny, so were you, up until this afternoon when you downed a whole hot dog in 0.3 seconds."

I felt my body tense up at the accusation and I desperately searched my brain for an excuse that would explain the lie I had decided to fully immerse myself in, but when I came up empty, I pulled an apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry, River. I totally understand if you don't want to talk to me ever again–I'm a horrible person for even lying about it. It's so insensitive, actually, because you're actually a–"

"Do you do this often?" River questioned suddenly, managing to pull me out of my brief ramble. "You know, talk a lot?"

I folded my hands in my lap. "When I'm nervous."

River nodded. "It's cute."

I didn't know what to say next, so I didn't say anything.

This was such new, uncharted territory for me. I didn't have much experience with romantic interests. Preston and I didn't spend our time talking since our relationship was mostly physical and my conversations with Felix were usually about chemistry and the occasional Bobby rant here and there.

So it was safe to say that I didn't know what to do when it came to talking to a boy like River.

Thankfully, I didn't have to say a word because River let out a cute little laugh to fill the silence, and then his lips came crashing down on mine. A surprised hum sounded from my throat as he gently lowered me onto the bed to further fuse our lips together in a fervent kiss. It wasn't long before River had his bare chest pressed against mine, somehow abandoning his towel through the altercation, as his hands carefully traced the length of my arms until his fingers finally laced themselves with mine.