Confession gone...friendzoned?

||-// alright I'll just put random songs I know up there...(I love me some trench)

~(Y/n)'s pov~

Dodgeball was pretty fun, I'm glad I decided to play. "Hold still..." The nurse finishes putting a patch on my face. For some reason, I can't heal myself as fast as I used to. "Done! Now be more careful next time." I smile and touch my swollen right cheek. "Thanks." I smile and walk out of the room. I wonder what's wrong with me. "Ready, (Y/n)?" Yume walks beside me and I nod.

     I begin to follow her. I thought I would be able to heal myself, but I couldn't, so everyone started to tell me that I should visit the nurse. I look and see that we're outside. "Ready?" Kubayasu asks. Me and Yume nod and we all head to the festival.

ʕ⁎̯͡⁎ʔ༄

"I hope we'll be able to see the petals this year..." Teruhashi says as she helps lay a picnic blanket down with Kaido. "It looks like we will this year!" Nendo sets the picnic basket down in the middle of the blanket as everyone gets comfortable and sits down, of course with Kaido insisting on sitting next to me. "Alright, let's dig in-" he opens it and stops. "...Where'd the food go?" "Nendo! Did you forget to pack it?!" Kaido begins to blame. "No! I swear I had this ready and I checked!" A munching is heard not very far from us. A certain girl with glasses looks back at us. "Huh? Oh, that was for this picnic? Oops I didn't realize..." Chisato rubs the back of her head, but still eating it. We all sigh in disappointment. "Chisato..."

     Kubayasu looks up. "...Well we have another hour before they start falling more, how about we get more from the food stands nearby?" "Ooh that's a great idea! Maybe I'll find some ramen in one of them." Nendo smiles and drools. Ew. "Oh-" Kaido stops himself from saying something. "What's the matter, don't you like ramen, too?" He sweatdrops. "O-Of course! I just realized that I ate before we came, so I'm not hungry..." Yeah right.

     It seems Kuba and Nendo manages to get Teruhashi and Yumehara to leave real quick, too. Saiki just left because he knows what's up. I sit in my spot, acting clueless. watching the petals fall for the first time. "It...it actually looks pretty. I've never seen anything like this before." A slight breeze roams by. "Really?" I nod. "..." Another moment of silence passes by until Kaido takes a small gulp. "(Y/n), I have something...to tell you..." (This is terrible, I know lol)

     I look at him and smile my usual sweet smile. "What is it?" He looks away while blushing. "Well, you know...you're really sweet, and...I feel the need to tell you how I feel." He reaches into his pocket for a letter. I gently place my hand on his wrist to stop him. I begin to speak quietly to him. "I'm going to hit the pause button here..." He looks at me, surprised and confused. "...Listen, honestly, I do like you, but not like that. I would like you that way if it weren't for something...no...someone out there that really deserves your attention. She's been trying her best to conceal her feelings for you because she values your friendship. And she'd rather stay friends than ruin her current relationship with you. She's tried, and she's tried to confess, but she's scared. She's the one you need to spend your time with, not me. She's really pretty, are you are so lucky to have her as a friend. As clueless as you are now, you won't be later as soon as you realize who she is. She's closer than you think, it's not hard to figure out. Even if you don't have feelings for her, at least try, because she's worth it. (Hint hint(wink wonk)) So..."

     I grab the letter out of his pocket and give it back to him. "I encourage you to get her, because she's everything you would ever dream of." I stand up and look down at him, holding out my hand. He grabs it and stands up. "But don't worry, I value our friendship as much as she does yours." I quickly peck him on the check, still holding his hand. His blush fades away a little bit. I think it worked... I smile and begin to drag him behind me, searching for Yumehara. I find her standing with Teruhashi at a stand. I tap on her shoulder to get both of their attention as I release his hand. "(Y/n)?" I chuckle. "A certain someone needs to have a chat with you."

     She looks behind me. "K-Kaido?" I smile and grab Teruhashi's hand, walking away. "Huh? (Y/n)?" A very confused Teruhashi questions me. "You'll see." "Hm..?"

╰(*'︶'*)╯♡

     "How beautiful!" The light of the moon reflects the falling sakura petals. "Beautiful indeed." A small breeze of wind comes by once again, now blowing my (h/l) hair. I hold my hair down and look over at Saiki, who seems to be satisfied. Surprising...I guess he's enjoying this. He looks down and stands up while panicking- whaaa? Another emotion?? Why'd he panic? I look down and see a cricket on the blanket. "Saiki? Are...you afraid of bugs?" I don't blame him, they're unpredictable, but yet quite interesting. (If you don't like certain bugs, now you do- *POOF*) I gently grab it in my hand and he backs up more. "Awe c'mon! It's just a harmless little cricket!"

     I stand up with the cricket hidden in my hand and teleport it into the grass away from here. He backs up more. "Hold it?" I smirk. I jump in front of him and act like I set it free onto him. He faints...

I may have went a bit too far with that prank...

════════════════════════════

Haha I love doing that to my friends irl cuz they know I love picking up crickets and CERTAIN bugs, so they would actually believe I have a cricket in my hand. They're reactions are priceless XD I MAY be hit, but it's totally worth it