I fell in love with my teacher [Love Story] Chapter 23

Start from the beginning

“It’s going to be boring!” I complained.

“You’ll survive.” Amy laughed as she pulled me into a hug.

Once Amy had let go she began to put her bags in the car.

“Too bad Mr. Easton isn’t staying.” Tyler whispered before winking at me.

“Shut up.” I responded simply as I stepped forward to hug him.

His chest vibrated against mine as he laughed at me. I pulled away and scowled at him.

“Oh cheer up Taylor. Two weeks will pass so quickly!” He said picking up his bag beside him.

I watched him wave once more as he joined Amy in the cab. I didn’t bother to watch the cab drive all the way down the driveway; instead I walked back through the office making a pit stop off at the office lady’s desk.

“How can I help dear?” she asked looking up from her small glasses that sat low on her nose.

“Do you think the school is going to build pathways for the quad, so it’s not so muddy?” I asked politely

“The principal told the staff that pathways should be built over the holidays. So by next term there should be some.” She said giving me a sincere smile before looking back down to the pile of paper work in front of her.

I mumbled my thanks and walked out of the office for the second time.

I spotted Mr. Easton across the quad with three girls around him. Jealousy found its way into my body and engulfed me. I suddenly felt angry for no reason. I stomped across the quad toward my room slyly watching him the whole way.

He looked across at me when I was just about to go into the dorms. I wasn’t sure why I was going back to my room since there was nothing to do there but I continued to walk toward it anyway seeing as though when I looked back Mr. Easton had just said goodbye to the girls and was on his way over to me.

I suddenly realised that tears were running out of my eyes. Why the hell was I crying? I surely couldn’t be this upset because three girls were talking to him…I quickened my pace down the hall and headed for the part of the hall where his dorm was located. I remembered seeing a small glass door near there that led outside, I guessed. I turned the corner, almost running now, and looked over my shoulder to see him coming through the doors. I saw a quick glance of him before turning the corner. I hoped he wouldn’t run after me. The last thing I wanted was for him to see me cry.

As I ran toward the door I realised that I was crying because of my parents. Not because of Mr Easton and the girls.

More tears streamed down my face and I yanked the door open that led to outside. I ran into the swarm of trees and bushes that were in front of me and hid behind some. I peered out through the small branches and saw Mr. Easton emerge from the door.

“Taylor!?” He called out, looking worried.

“Taylor, where are you?” He called again minutes later

I stayed silent, not wanting to come out and face him. I’d surely have to skip seeing him off now. Regret filled my stomach as he continued to walk aimlessly around the open space where the door was, every so often running a hand through his hair.

I watched him as he softly hit his fist against the wall before going back through the door. Shock spread over my face…Why was he upset? I contemplated going after him but in the end I decided against it.

A while later I slowly made my way out from the tree and mentally slapped myself for crying in the first place. Everything had snapped when I saw him with the girls. Thoughts of my parents flickered through my head.