I fell in love with my teacher [Love Story] Chapter 34

sorry it's so late, and sorry it's not very long or very well thought out, but i started year 11 two days ago so i'm really busy and it's been really hot too, like 40 degrees, so i've been lazy.

anyway here it is.

CHAPTER 34

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a very slow study filled Sunday, Monday couldn’t come any faster. I hopped up out of bed eager to start the day since my first class was Maths and I hadn’t seen Mr Easton since Friday night.

I quietly walked to the bathroom careful not that wake Rachel since I was up about half an hour earlier than usual. Thankfully the shower wasn’t all that loud as I turned it on and stepped in.

Around twenty minutes later I emerged from the shower. I heard Rachel shuffling around the dorm room, which meant she was awake, which also meant that I could use the hair dryer. I spent some time on my hair before finally emerging from the bathroom to let Rachel in.

“Finally! I thought you were never going to come out!” She said rushing by me and into the bathroom.

“I didn’t take that long!” I called back as I walked over to my drawers to pick out some clothes.

“Yes you did! Look at the clock!” I heard her call back

As I picked out my clothes and put them on the bed I took a glance at my alarm clock. 7:50am it read. 7:50am?! Surely that was the wrong time. I had less than 10 minutes to get to class.

“Sorry!” I called out to Rachel

“It’s alright; I had a shower late last night anyway, I just have to do my hair, which is done now.” She said coming out from the bathroom, fully dressed for the day.

I quickly pulled off my pyjamas and pulled on my clothes for the day before grabbing my bag and following Rachel out the door.

“I could have sworn I was up earlier.” I said to her as Tyler came from behind us.

“Hello!” He chirped before Rachel could say anything

“Hi.” We both replied with a smile

“Late too?” Tyler observed as all three of us hurried toward the classrooms.

“Yes, all because of Taylor.” Rachel said jokingly

I rolled my eyes at her and continued to walk.

“Took too long in the bathroom huh?” Tyler said nudging me.

“I don’t usually.” I said defending myself. “I just lost track of time.”

“See, that’s the good thing about rooming with a boy, we don’t take forever on our appearance. We’re in and out.” Tyler said clicking his fingers.

Rachel and I both rolled our eyes at Tyler. Soon enough we finally made it to the classrooms.

We all said goodbye and parted our own way to our different classrooms. Unluckily we were all late and I knew that Rachel and Tyler would most probably both get a detention. Since Mr Easton was my teacher I was confident that he’d give me a small scolding but otherwise let it slide; only I was wrong.

“Taylor? Late are we?” He observed as I stumbled into the classroom. 

I looked for a wink or a smile to tell me he was joking…He kept his face motionless.

I decided to go along with it. “Umm, Yeah sorry.”

“Go sit down, but please stay behind after class.” He said seriously.

What did I do? Besides being late… but usually he lets that slide…

The class went pretty slowly and what made it worse was that Mr Easton kept his eyes off me the whole lesson. That was unusual... I wondered what was going through his head.

The bell signally the end of the period and the start of recess eventually rang and I remained seated while the rest of my class gleefully walked out the door to freedom. Mr Easton was still cleaning the board as all the students walked out of the classroom. I waited a while until he was finished and he turned around to look at me.

“Taylor...” He began, walking over to the desk in front of mine and taking a seat. “I don’t like getting you in trouble... but that was the about the tenth time you’ve been late this term and we’re only a couple weeks in...” He said in a serious yet soft voice.

“I’m sorry ever since my Mum and Brother—“

“Stop.” He said cutting me off. “I don’t want to sound harsh but you can’t use them as an excuse anymore, Taylor. It’s been over a month and there’s been no improvement in your attendance or in you class work for that matter. In fact it’s going in the opposite direction, did you see your last quiz result?”

My mouth hung open in bewilderment. I stayed silent for a while until all of what he said sunk in. It was true I really couldn’t use my family as an excuse anymore, and my grades have been slipping...

“Why didn’t you look at me in class today?” I asked annoyed, and totally off subject.

A surprised look crossed his face.

“I don’t know, I can’t look at you everyday minute of the day.” He said. “People will start to get suspicious.”

That did make sense...

“Well why did you speak to me like that at the start? You were scolding me.” I asked stupidly.

I shouldn’t have been acting like this at all, but his words and tone of voice did kind of hurt my feelings.

“The same reason Taylor, don’t you see? I have to treat you like any other student.”

“I guess...” I said starting to realise where he was coming from.

“I’m sorry if I was a little too cold or mean at the start.” He said in a nice voice.

I smiled at his apology and he smiled back, knowing that I accepted it. He then stood up and motioned his arms for me to do so too.

Though slightly confused, I stood up anyway and he came over and hugged me like he had Friday night. I immediately sunk into the hug and wrapped my arms around him too. Too soon though, he pulled away.

“You better go or you’ll miss your lunch.” He laughed heading back to his desk.

My stomach silently rumbled as if to tell me to get a move on.

“Yeah, I better. See you this afternoon.” I said making my way over to the door.

“Taylor?” He called just before I opened the door

“Yeah?”

“What’s this afternoon?” He asked confused

“Tutoring? Don’t you remember?” I said giving him a small frown.

A look of realisation crossed his face. “No, I, um, I remembered. See you this afternoon then.”

I looked back as I walked out the door and saw him hastily pull his phone out of his pocket and start to type on it.