Chapter 71

I've never really broken down the types have I? Well, it's not like there's many, just leads, supports, aide/aid, healers, and citizen. Classes just break those further. FYI, supports and citizens have the most variation, healer is both a type and class if you have the type your a citizen healer if you have the class your a war healer. War healers are stronger.

 War healers are stronger

     "Why are you staring at the wall? Come on," I didn't move, my gaze burning into it as my head tilted. Someone was behind it. More than just one actually. Did they change it up after all? Or just move the capture point to throw off those that know this event?

     "There's someone there," I said without a hint of lowering my voice, the golden glow behind the wall jolting up for a moment, making me think they jumped in surprise. "At least two people, three or four at most... No... Three, a lead and two supports, not students," He stared at the wall he nearly passed, taking a few steps back and standing next to me. 

       "How can you tell?" He asked while my tilted head just fell further to the side.

       "I can see their souls," I could feel the burn of his gaze on me while he bit his tongue, my ears twitching, trying to figure out just how I wouldn't hear even the smallest of things from them. "Let's take a different passage," I didn't want to go against trained war heroes. I'd lose. And I'm not going to lose.

      "There isn't-" He cut himself off while I pulled out a brick in the wall, it quickly pulled apart, showing a new path. "How did-"

       "I could hear the wind," I said flatly, moving the blue lantern on my tail in first. Finding it was clear I continued still waiting for the real challenge to find us. This was a hands on round. We've only been moving through a maze.

      "Somethings off," He said while I nodded. It was the same labyrinth but the goal was different. We didn't have to only escape but at the same time, we weren't exactly told what we were supposed to do.

       "I think it's a spell," I said pausing in my step as my eyes narrowed and head fell to the side once more. He stopped the moment I did, looking around while I frowned.

       "What?" He asked unsure what I meant while I stared for a moment longer.

       "We're about to trigger a spell," I said, a soft green hue in the air as I looked for what would trigger it. I couldn't find anything. "Stay." Taking a step forward I carefully took another, my brows furrowing as nothing happened. "Wha-"

        The ground was consumed by a dark deep black I was familiar with. Arms shooting up to latch onto me as I growled, clawing at the stone floor as they dragged me in not wanting to go back to that blazen. "Move!" I roared as he jumped back multiple steps, my claws tearing into the stone as my mind raced. 

       It didn't hurt. This was the diluted one. Laughing cruelly I let go of the stone, letting it consume me. Blinking I looked around, a world of nothing but darkness around me, moving my tail around I looked for something but nothing came. 

       It was as if light did nothing. 

      "How the hell did you get here?" Jumping I turned at the familiar voice. Vixen. Looking at her with wide eyes I tried to come up with words but I was stunned at the mere sight of her. She was a merger.

       Her legs long and scaled, black claws on her dragon like feet and deadly pale hands. A long glossy tail flicking about behind her with massive black wings on her back. A mask on her face, the whites of her eyes black as her irises were far more vibrate then the last time I saw her, long loosely curled horns dressed at the top of her head. A black mist coming off her in waves instead of the golden glow I'd seen from everyone else.

       "I- I... You're a merger," I stuttered while she raised a black brow, looking down at herself before snorting.

       "What? No. I just look like this, I'm not human brat. Not to mention merging isn't something I was ever capable of, now how the hell did you get here?" She's not human? 

       "I- I, uh, I made a gate potion," Not human. But last time I saw her she looked human, maybe otherworldly beautiful but human.

        "You made a- Hah, you made a gate?" She asked looking at me bewildered as she pulled down her mask to reveal a puzzled grin. "Here? Just what are you kid? You're halfway to the pit, no, you've already been to the pit, haven't you? God, I can see it in your eyes," She grinned walking around me, several feet taller than last time I saw her.

        "You're not shaking like a leaf either, when was it we last talked for you? My sense of time isn't like your's," She asked as I licked my lips, my ears falling back as my tail curled around my leg.

      "It- uh- It was six- six months?" Humming she took a lock of my hair in her hand while I controlled my breathing, staring at the darkness I was standing on.

       "Really? You've changed a lot in such a short time? How fascinating. Not to mention you've merged, do you know how to control it? By how comfortable you are, you've been like this for a few hours at most, how adorable," My stomach did a flip as my shoulders stiffened, her breath on the back of my neck. "I like the hair though, suits you better than red, Doll. Makes you less human too,"

     "What?" I asked whipping around to look at her while her grin grew.

     "You don't know? Merging's which the strange phenomenon, I've got zero clue how it works but I do know, once you've done it once you're hardly human. The fact you currently an off brand Fenrir means you went ahead and bound a holy beast, not a contract either, dollface, you bound that beast before the gods, you ain't ever gonna see the afterlife, maybe the pit but that's it,"

       "That dim thing you call a soul? Yeah, you shouldn't have ever let the decider see it. I can smell another one all over too, holy beasts aren't as holy as you think are kid. The gods aren't kind and their little messengers with wings think better of dirt. You, dear, are no longer considered one of their creations, you've been corrupted, that hair of yours is there to stay. It brands you as an abomination the humans paint as heroes..." Looking around she hummed.

       "I guess you can have this one but if you're going to come and go, use this," Tossing a thin metal wire of a collar she winked and dropped someone that wasn't in her hand a moment ago, "But I'd suggest something like this for anything other than storage," Looking at the orb with wide eyes I was left flabbergasted as she dropped it in my hand and gave a finger wave.

       "Oh, right, one more thing kid, I've moved out of my place and you seem to like books from what I remember so use it whenever," Tossing a loose key and ring of keys at me I stumbled to catch it, opening my mouth to say something, anything, but she was gone. 

       Corrupted? Not human? Abomination?