Chapter 32

"Out of curiosity, can you, like, actually get an elite demoted?" Glancing at Alex, while was fiddling with a stick, drawing what looked like a summoning circle mindlessly.

       "No, oh gods no, elites are allowed into the council when they've proven they're stronger than the current seat so unless someone strolled in stronger than any of the current elites they could do the demoting," I hummed only for a grinning loon to pop into my mind. "Well... Most of the time, there are special cases,"

        "Special cases? That seemed to be a pretty clean cut system, why would there be exceptions?" Adrain asked with a gleam in his eye cutting off his conversation with Jay.

      Sighing I ruffled the back of my head trying to think of a way to say it without actually saying it, "Well... There's only one exception that I know of and boy is it a big one," I mumbled holding the back of my neck not knowing how much they knew of her. "She's... Oh stars, I don't even know how to explain it..."

        "The only living exception isn't to be considered human, she's the master of this realm and the only creature to tame not just dragons but demons as well, she's like a living god and could crush us like bugs, she has on many occasions defeated all of us, even when we work together we stand no chance at beating her now, Lilith, you promised a new potion," He didn't care. He didn't care. I thought her existence would be more... Secretive.

        "Don't you got a dragon and those creep demons?" Jay asked while I shook my head.

        "That's different, way different, I made them with my magic, I couldn't even tame either," I explained half heartedly. "I've finished it but I need to work out a few kinks, all the while, I'd like to demonstrate those I have finished," I said while I pulled out the three I had separated with coloring.

      "If you will," I smiled at the three I dragged out here, Adrain tossing his back without a second thought, Alex staring at it for a moment before sighing and drinking it, Jay staring at them skeptical before the vile and sipped it before drinking it. Cautious one I see. "Now, this one works instantaneously, which was a rather difficult quality to make might I add, and it's for simple armor,"

       Holding three black marbles between my fingers, a grin crawling up my face, Alex froze, paling, Adrain was already sprinting away, and Jay watching him run. "Kill them," I smiled tossing the marbles that formed fast, the middle one racing to catch the runner.

        One slamming its class straight into Alex's chest, the other slicing Jay's head. Both shattering their claws. Jay fell with a shriek and Alex remained rooted to his spot. Watching Adrian struggling again the one dragging him back I hummed happily as he was dropped next to the other two, claws slamming into his stomach.

       "Alright, enough," They dropped back into the small marbles I easily plucked off the ground, sliding into my pocket while I pulled a sword from my bag. "As you can see, my puppets are completely useless and even this sword," I motioned to the blade before using all my might to stab it into Adrian who was still on the ground.

     "Ow!" He called as the sword bounced off making me nod shaking my hand as it throbbed.

     "Blunt weapons are also mostly meaningless, though, you'll still react to the force and if you've got your back against something, it doesn't matter how much you drink, with a strong enough swing you're a goner," Pulling out one more I offered it to him, "I'd like to see if it'd work on you if you don't mind,"

      He took it, looking at it carefully before looking at Adrain, who was rubbing his chest as he sat up, he popped the cork and slowly drank it. Maintaining eye contact while he did it. "Now, these last up to an hour but I can make them weaker or stronger if needed, what would you like me to use to proper demonstrate?" I asked pulling out a war hammer and ax from my bag needed to hit him with one or the other. Preferably the hammer.

     "Hammer," He said pulling off his jacket while I felt my face light up. Dropping the ax I got a tight grip on my hammer and swung with all the strength in my body, the recoil of it hitting him knocking me on my bum while the hammer went flying. And he stumbled. Worth it. "Indeed painful but tolerable," He said, pulling up his shirt to see his chest, not even a bruise in place.

       "As long as you aren't slammed into something, all is well," I smiled open and closing my hands as they trembled. Hammers really weren't for me. "Of course, if I sell this I have conditions, more so with this one as it is far harder to make,"

      "And what would those be?" He continued to stare at where his wound would be as if waiting for it.

       "Why don't you sit down?" I smiled, a chair appearing next to him.