Chapter 19

I've come to realize, I'm updating at a very high rate, don't know if that's good or bad yet... Probably because I'm sick and have nothing better to do, could be me hiding from the fact I have to get a summer job next week. Who knows... FYI, POV changes half way this chapter.

         I wasn't the only one in nothing but their pajamas, not even shoes, I think I saw one person with slippers. The suns hardly peaking through the horizon and they have us out here in wet grass barefoot freezing. Sadists as usual. Watching the indents in the grass as my dragon walked in front of me and not even ten feet from the earth elite, who glanced in its direction, eyes narrowing while he spoke. 

      Elites were good. It was kinda annoying. No, bad, don't think like that

      Rubbing my palm along my brow I sighed, hugging myself as I needed to break a new habit that seemed to have popped up. I swear, I may really have a deathwish. Staring at the indents I found its side was turned towards me, I was about at its neck and shoulder. Names were being called and groups paired up, the size of the group a constant three, as usual, my name was last being what it was.

      Group of three. Being the closest to the elite they came to me while I noted their names. Alex Marsh and Adrian Briggs. If I'm not mistaken Alex is a barbarian and Adrian a fighter. Two classic lead classes. Actually, the two most popular. The rest rare. Not the point, they're both rather large and I'm realizing just what a good idea it was to feed the beast.

      Running even further into my memory as the elite spoke I took note of the fact I've fought both. One in magic class the other in sword. Adrian was an earth type but I didn't know what Alex was other than strong. Very strong and very good with a sword. Not something a beginner should fight against.

       "You have ten minutes to flee before your respected hunter will start the hunt. Go!" People were bolting in a second, my group included. My legs kicking into action as it returned to the mostly transparent beast it was with a growl. Kicking off its wing I twisted my body, throwing myself onto its back as it reared onto its hind legs with a roar, its wings spreading and flapping before it took to the sky.

      Many halting their run to see just what it was, some even reeling back in shock, other falling. Its brand new claws wrapping around my party as it banked hard, going straight up without a care for the shouts of shock. Ten minutes wouldn't typically get you far in unknown terrain, but I was on dragon back and we both knew this forest. I wasn't going to get caught. I was going to make it this entire week.

??? (rogue assisting hand I have yet to name) POV

       'The glass lead under your care is a very... Peculiar girl, we gave her to you this year because of this. Don't think her magic means she's weak, she's got many tricks up her sleeve. She might not act like it but she's definitely a rogue, she's only meek with people, tests are her territory and I don't she'll care much about the fact she's around people she doesn't know. And try not to wake her up, she's the worst when she gets up,'

        I didn't take her seriously, she's always been one to mess around, putting me on guard around a glass user? She could laugh for the rest of her life with only one glance at that, but I didn't think a dragon would just appear nor did I think she'd mount it in a way that screamed it was not the first time she had done it. The most unbelieve thing was how Edward just stared at her while its claws wrapped around her team before shooting straight up.

        "Why was I not told she had a dragon?" I asked watching its wings catch the light as it flew deep into the forest. Deep enough that I wasn't going to be able to catch up until at least tomorrow, under the assumption she'll come down at any point. "I feel like that's cheating, that's cheating right?"

     "It is not, magic is allowed and encouraged for this exercise, I had Izabelle warn you of her... Oddity, you should have been prepared for everything." Uh huh, because you were totally ready for it when you first saw it right? You elites would flip the moment you saw something like that.

     "Oh yes, because we have a dragon protocol, because dragons aren't creatures that need large parties and at least an elite to kill," He didn't like my sarcasm but he never liked my sarcasm. Something about it being rude.

      "Vince, we've given you and you alone permission to use very expensive potions," Aw yes, the best weapon we currently hold over the empire. 

      "Which I assumed was because you wanted me to get used to, not use against a bloody dragon and a student that control it!" 

       "It's best that you be careful with these, they break easily and the last time one broke unintentionally it destroyed an entire wing," He deadpanned ignoring me while he held out the case. Yes, don't explain this dangerous weapon and send me after your students! A brilliant idea! What's the worst that could happen? I kill them? Yep, nothing to worry about!

        Gods, this is why I hate elites, they only ever give orders.