Prologue

Cover by @JadeQueen100, this has been finished but a reboot is up, so like, go there? Its actually editted and stuff, this one is just more of a first draft.

          Embarrassment. That was all I could feel as I stared at the card in my hand. Glass? Glass? I could practically see my dreams fading away. I wanted to be the healer, the one everyone relied on. I didn't really care if I was a cleric or a druid. Even a mage would have been fine... What kind of a lead is a rogue? Let alone having glass magic.

          While I was cursing the card to the deepest depths of blazen, they started sorting. The soldier that took my card gave me a strange look but lead me to the lead line anyway. My parents saw this and seemed to explode with excitement as I held my elbow, if only they knew... I walked past a girl sobbing about having the very same magic as me, her friends turning their backs at the new knowledge.

          She had the weakest magic. The most fragile. The least effective. Biting my lip as he handed me back my card I found my gaze shifting to the ground not looking at the few around me, those thrilled to be a lead. I'd much rather be that girl, going to relief, learning skills that'd allow her to have a normal life instead of going to war. Helping those in the aftermath rather than fighting a hopeless fight.

         Oh, how I was jealous of that girl.