Chapter 41

He was fast. Very fast. I'd of already been down had I not taken up sparing with the puppets after my run. And he had stamina. We were the only ones in the arena other than his father and Jay's mother, who was currently dealing with five puppets as she liked to float and they were stuck climbing each other to reach her. He hit hard too.

       Though refined his technique wasn't mastered and his foot gave him away. It moved to stabilize him at the throw of his arm, turning at the different punches. But he was avoiding his magic. So, I equally avoided mine. If he wasn't going to use his then why would I use mine? Something about him had me wanting to slam his face in the dirt. Fair and square.

      That being said, I did have a headstart with my potion so I wasn't throwing any attacks and only dodging the ones that'd knock me down. The fact that I had to do that, in general, was a little irritating. Ducking as he twisted his body, his leg shooting up to hit me in the face, I hopped a second later, his leg coming back to sweep out mine.

        He was good. It was annoying. Another shout of submission had every single puppet racing towards his father, but he didn't so much as a glance. He either didn't care or had confidence that he'd be fine. I don't doubt that if those were people or if they didn't mend after they break, that he'd already have been over here and my face would be the one in the dirt. 

        Quite meant this was a battle of stamina. I didn't have the best confidence in my stamina either. I was a rogue. We were fast and silent. There's no reason for us to need a high level of stamina. I couldn't tell what his standing was but the fact that he was supposedly going to be going to my school next year meant he was a lead. But he's currently going to Mammoth so he couldn't be one.

      Vixen did say dual wielders had a mess of a standing too so that could be why he wasn't originally in the lead school but if he was deemed good enough it was technically possible for him to be transferred. Which means he his class study could be completely wrong, he could study a class that wasn't his. If that was the case, he did a pretty good job but it wasn't like I'd be surprised to find he didn't have a combat class.

      Choking on air as he hit harder than I thought he would, making me stumble, an unappreciated ax kick finding my head, sending me to the ground with a grunt. Okay. I think he may have figured out what I was doing. Grumbling I started to push myself up but he kicked me in my kick, setting me rolling.

       "Gods... You suck," I coughed kinda just laying on my back while he walked over, cautiously looking me over to stand above me, "I wanted you to be the one to use magic first you know," I sighed, the big blue summoning circle glowing under us as I pushed myself to sit up, his jaw ticking at another trick. "There's no point if I can't see it at least a little,"

       The dragon roared, its wings spread and jaws open as it locked on to the current threat to my safety while I flopped back onto my back. Potion or not, I've taken a lot of hits and those add up. I was going to sleep the rest of this week. Then beg the school healer to patch me up. Sighing I turned my head to look at him. He wasn't even trying. He was just running.

        Sighing heavily I pushed myself to sit up before talking myself into standing, brushing off my pants I rolled my shoulder lightly. Dragon going first, puppets a second later. There's no point if I can't help dad in the things he actually wants to do. 

       "I forfeit," I called waving dismissively over my shoulder, the hair on the back of my neck standing on end as my head fell to the side.

      "What's this?! Windsor's heir tried to forfeit but Reaper's head doesn't let her leave?!" Staring at him for a moment I decided to bluff my way out because I really didn't want to keep fighting. I'd honestly lose. And I didn't want to lose.

      "Is there a problem?" I asked not bothering to turn all the way around with arrows hovering around me, putting as much 'danger' I could in my eyes, trying to get the Vixen stare that had people of power falling to their knees before her.

      "And she retaliates with arrows! Hundreds of arrows!" I think I liked blocking him out. His commentary wasn't necessary. "What's this?! What's this?! The Reaper's are backing down! And she leaves like she didn't forfeit! I'm not sure how to go about this folks! We've never had a someone that would have won forfeit just before they did!" 

      Stars... I'm so glad this is the only physical round...