Chapter Forty-Four

Start from the beginning

My phone begins buzzing from my back pocket. I take my cell phone and find Aunt Laura's name across the screen.

"Yeah" I answer.

"Jason, where are you? We're supposed to be at grandma and grandpa's house in half an hour" Aunt Laura cries.

I watch as the middle-aged man leaves the hospital room with Raff beside him. I don't think I've ever seen a grown man cry before, well at least not in person.

"I'll be there soon, try not to worry" I beg.

"See you then" she ends the call.

I look up to find Gina in the man's arms. "Mi preciosa niña" Gina weeps.

"Why didn't she tell us?" The man askes Raff.

"She didn't want anyone to worry about her..." Raff shrugs, "she was going to tell you but neither of us expected the baby to come so soon"

"I should call Luke" the man sniffs as taking a step away from Gina.

I clench my jaw before walking in the opposite direction to Elise's family.

She's gone.

How can she be gone?

I look down at my phone to find a text from Lara.

How did it go?

I sigh.

She didn't make it.
Call me in an hour.

"Hey!" A voice calls from behind me. I twist my body to find a tall blond haired guy with tearful eyes. "You're Jason Sanders, right?"

"Who's asking?" I raise a brow.

"I'm Calum, remember? We met on Christmas" his voice breaks before looking down, "I just want to know if the results came in for the DNA test"

I nod slowly. "Yeah they were....positive"

He shakes his head violently "Jesus Christ"

"She told me not to say anything to anybody" I admit.

Calum firms his gaze. "Then that's what you'll do"

I nod slowly before stuffing my cellphone into my back pocket.

"Have they come up with a name?" I ask quickly.

He shrugs. "They were thinking of Lissie or Preciosa...Gina said it means Precious in Spanish..."

My mind goes back to our tutoring sessions.

"What would you call me?" Lara asked Elise.

"Hmmm probably MerNeith...she was a strong queen of ancient Egypt, maybe the first to rule as regent for her infant son" Elise smiled, "she was given the title The Kings Mother"

Lara clapped her hands together "love it...what about you? What do you call yourself gurl?"

"Cleopatra" Elise announced.

"Call the baby Cleo," I told Calum.

"I've got to head to the airport" I kiss my sister's cheek, "I'm visiting some friends in New York then I have to be home in time for summer school"

"What about Aunt Laura?" Angel asks.

"Don't worry, she'll hang around for a couple days then she said she has business in New York"

"You're both going back to New York?" Sam raises his brows in surprise.

"What business?" Angel furrows her brows worryingly.

I shrug. "I'm not sure, I've got to go...Keep me updated with baby pictures and all"

Angel smiles. "Of course"

When I exit the room, I kiss Aunt Laura's cheek then wave Ned and his girlfriend goodbye.

--------------------------------------

Hi all,

The next chapter will be the last!

I wrote these chapters in July during my pre-writing stages, so I'm beyond excited to finally share them you!

I hope you all enjoy <3

Happy reading!

- Rose xx