15

"yo. i was callin to ask if you wanna play-uh-just dance 2019 with me? i just got it and it's been a while since we hung out. it'd be cool if you actually fuckin answered your phone for once, but even god couldn't get you to do that. i don't even know what you do with your time." his laugh is a breathy chuckle, and i find myself replaying the voice mail. one time. two times. the fifth time i decided it was creepy and quickly deleted it. i think i had memorized it.

i quickly tell my mother i'm going out, but she's barely fazed. she mumbled quietly-it was something with the words "home" and "curfew" so i just assumed i'd have to be home by nine; ten if it was fatima's house. i smile, glad he called me today rather than any others. my mother wouldn't be nearly as complacent on any other day ( i ended up feeling bad about this on the bike ride there; i didn't mean to take advantage of her. perhaps it was fate? or some sort of divine pull that tried it's luck with me and kaleb. )

pulling on a hoodie that would've been big for even my brother, and a random pair of sweats that was scattered on the floor of my bedroom, i quickly brushed my fingers through my hair as i try and remember the route to kaleb's house. i always sucked at directions.

the bike i owned was smaller than i remembered-and i'm pretty sure the front tire was losing air. but it's okay.

everytime i arrive at his house i'm surprised by the sheer size. it's not like it's a mansion or anything- it's a normal sized house but compared to my condo, it might as well be a castle. it reminds me of my old house-big with flowers adorning every step and trees riding the wind high up in the air, letting their leaves rustle in the wind.

knocking at his door, i stare at the sky as i hear scrambling thuds from inside. the sky was more blue today than ever-although dark grey clouds threatened to cover up the entire expanse. the stark contrast between them almost made my eyes hurt, but i smiled anyways. it was pretty.

the door opened, and with his hair splayed and hitting out in awkward directions, i felt my smile increase.

[everybody say thank you desimber ( FENTYHUB ) for encouraging
me to update ! ]