03

the conversation continues in the hazy drawl that encapsulated the day. my head was starting pound. i still added my stupid flirtatious comments that made me funny, and quick witted snaps to make my presence noticed. sometimes one could be known but not noticed; i hated that.

everyone somehow managed to love and hate me. they loved me for my face and my personality. they hated me for my face and my personality. i'm just an everything kinda gal i guess.

our teacher was late by half an hour. to make up for their lost time, she quickly decided to lecture us on the woes of adulthood and how we should always be prepared for bad stuff.
luckily, it was nearing lunch and maybe i wouldn't have to spend the class bored from the lack of actual close companions.

the teacher was now drawling on about something i must've cared about at one point. today wasn't a day meant for regard. it was meant for food. at least, that was the only thing driving me forward at this point. my mouth was starting to water, and i was scared my stomach would wake up the kid next to me, so i tried not to focus on the pit in my stomach that desired to be filled.

my mind decided to wander to the place i least wanted it to be. as it always did. so i laid my head back, staring at the luminescent lights that blared bunches of splayed colorful dots across my vision.

i don't know how long i stayed there, but i think the bell rang three minutes ago.