Page 17.1

-Veronica-

Haile wouldnt take no for an answer, she was persistent on helping me with my rounds. That I could honestly do without her, yet she wanted to stick by me oddly enough I didnt bother trying to deter her efforts to help.

The halls held a few lights that were dim yet bright enough you could see your feet but not enough that anyone could hide between the corners.

"Dont use your wolf eyes." I whispered audibly to Hailey unsure if a human would be lurking around us. Freaking a student out isnt what we were here for.

It might help to prevent them from leaving their dorm but installing fear wasnt something they should be feeling in a safe environment.
If it's even considered that at all now.

No word has gotten out that Haile the werewolf heiress was a girl, nor did human students run any risk of getting killed, but the school wouldnt lighten up these extra procedures.

Both the reputation of the school and the principals head were at risk with the King and Queen and the education board of directors.

Haile made sure to keep a far yet close distance. Her steady breathing brought a calm feeling over me.

Every night I've had to do runs,  using my wolf wasnt permitted. Knowing that kept me on edge almost vulnerable to enemy attack's. It felt constricting as if I were missing my otherself but with Haile here, I could breath easily.

The air itself was whole again. Yet I wasnt, opening up to her felt like my walls were always going to break but slowly mend itself; once it realized it was weakened.
We might as well just admit that I simply am not ready to expose myself as her's. A Girlfriend as the humans would call it. 
These were the things I'd think of everytime I would do these security checks.

Everything remained silent, only the sound of light rain beginning to fall slowly, making it difficult to hear any footsteps. Haile was right behind me her warmth is something I'd learn to slowly always find myself seeking.

Even when I would tell myself to stop, I couldnt just shut my otherside from wanting what I believed to once have had with Grayson.

I hated thinking this way especially when I'm alone with Hailie the silence only makes it more painful.

Hailie stoically walked behind whom was too focused on watching Veronicas ass in that tight pencil black skirt.

(Short chapter)