Page 15

The following nights the weather had a sudden down fall of rain , the dorms were being double checked incase any student felt like risking their curfew. Which meant that Veronica would be out late at night for cerfue checkings as well as walking around the campus incase anyone went rogue, or worse trespassers.

I wasn't a fan of her being this late out, not when more death notes were being found with no body to follow it. This only meant the serial killer was seeking a victim.

As the rain started to lighten up I decided to go to campus just to make sure Veronica was alright. It was coming close to sundown, as I walked half way to the school but as soon as I past the stone bridge I smelt blood as fresh as newly formed cuts.

Either I was stupid or completely unaware that this was the moment to run and seek help, my legs slowly and stealthily went down the grassy, muddy slopes, nothing about wet grounds felt secure to walk on. But I couldn't just be a rational person and bolt away from danger.

Not if this person could be alive and I'm hoping they're simply injured, that's what I wanted to see, what I wished was there.

Whoever choose the location made sure to keep it hidden underneath a humans sight, yet easily recognizable to shifters or some persons pet.

The smell of water and blood mixed heavily as if the pooling liquids couldn't stream away along with the small stream near by. The thick grass that went knee high made things hidden and harder to maneuver, as I got closer to the source I cloud see the damp blond hair that held small traces of splattered blood.

Here before me lay a woman. Her clothing tattered bruises on her swollen lips and eyes. The sad thing about watching this was the faint heart beat, her will to stay alive I could hear it, but at the same time I couldn't. The blood that sainted her stomach and chest seemed deep but her breathing slowly seemed to turn to staggering faint breaths.

I had to run, me being a witness to this humans death meant isolation, questioning and perhaps exile. They were already placing notes that I killed those werewolf women and now a human too.

But the smell of another human lingered on her body, perhaps they wanted to recreate the other crime scenes as to not make the police suspect of another criminal within the town.

This Olive Garden town is starting to turn into a nightmare for both sides.

If I leave now my sent would remain and werewolves would question why I left her for dead.

Squatting down next to her, as the grass rustled beneath my steps, her heart beat went up a small amount either wanting to regain her strength or afraid the monster that slowly mutilated her body came back for seconds. By the looks of it that person was no where near the bridge.

I could feel every nerve of my body telling me to forget that I was here and go, helping her would be going against my parents wishes to turn a human without going through the proper steps. How do I ask her if she even wants to be one of us? She was slowly already dying.

The harm she could bring to anyone was in my hands, but right now her life is the only one that seems to be valid. She is far to young to die, the streaks of ash blonde hair reminded me of Veronica, if this were her would I let her die ? the answer would always be no, shouldn't this person matter to someone just as much too.

Rushing out of my clothing, I couldn't believe I Hailie J. L am stripping in a possible crime scene. I had to shift what other way could I turn her without tearing my clothing.

The bite marks I left on her neck weren't deep, no scares will remain but I feared that the loss of her blood might take awhile for her to turn, second worse she could remain sleeping for who knows how long comas were common; worst thing about it would be her being a permanent wolf never being able to turn back to her original state, which is very rare but it happens. We call those the guards of Luna because they just vanish. So I don't know if they do remain wolfs forever..... but it strikes fear to anyone who hears the story.

Putting on my clothing I search for my phone, contacting the first person that comes to mind which is Veronica. I felt internal panic at just watching this person turning, her body was weak, what if her heart stops how do I bring her back? I've never given CPR .

The sun has almost gone down but not yet, visibility was still possible which made carrying her to my home impossible. The phone rang a couple of times as the fourth ring went she answered, relief washed over me as her voice sounded.

"Hailie?" she called to make sure it was me, I couldn't find words to describe the issue I got myself into as I breathed a heavy breath.

"Hey, I know I didnt reply to your constant texts, but its just a check in with the students, Ill be home shortly." she said almost sounding happy that I worried for her but at the same time annoyed that I spammed her text box.

"That's not really way I called. Can you hurry to the bridge, bring your car, please hurry I cant tell you over the line. Its getting cold and I don't know what to do." I said as I hung up hoping that she would hurry, even if she couldn't understand me. Anything I say out loud could be heard by a passerby making a commotion over an issue as this wont be good.

Walking towards the girl I had to search her pockets as luck had it she carried a small wallet that carried her credit card and identification. The killer wanted her things to be with her just like the other girl. Madison Brighton, age 24 unmarried. Finding her work cards... "Dr. Brighton licensed therapist, so she helps the unstable minded ." This just made me feel like I made the right choice, she helps people and in the end she ended up like this.

Placing back her things in her pockets I noticed her knuckle's were bruised and scratched from the fight she tried to escape, a determined person but a fool for ending up like this.

Hearing the engine parking at the side of the road next to the bridge I climbed back up trying to avoid the disturbing foliage that surrounded me.

Veronicas brows connected trying to figure out why I'm covered in blood and why does it smell like a human. "You didnt ?" she said her fingers combed through her hair, panic rushed through her. And I couldn't blame her I would accuse myself too if I saw myself.

"No, I didnt. I was going to help you with curfew and then I smelled blood and I didnt want to just ignore this." I said pacing back and forth unsure if I did the right thing on calling her instead of Valerie,

Valerie wont do shit other then have anxiety and want to bury the body assuming the same thing Veronica just did. I don't understand why they see me as a killer.

"Its getting cold we need to get her out of here. I don't know if the killer would return or if I am in fact being targeted." I rushed as I lead us to the girl.

"Veronica, I had to bite her." I said as veronica went to examine the body making one hundred percent sure she was alive.

"Okay, grab her upper body I'll carry the other half, lets try to move her to the car." Veronica instructed I simply did as told, what else could I do.

Every slow breath that came out of Madison felt like a relief to my soul. This doctor has more value to society, whoever harmed her did it for the fun of it. A twisted mind that wanted a slow painful death for this woman. Every once of me struggled to understand why now do I want to break down, at the sight of a random person dying if I couldn't do it for Grayson.

Yet I was also willing to leave her there for dead, the doubts were my monsters the silent killers that tortured me into believing that I'm not good enough.