Page 6

Haile J.L- P.O.V-

Running late to detention, Mrs. Lear's class was expected after having small talk with my cousin who I didn't want to in the first place, and seeing Valéry's dorm room was cute as she calls it. If your into purple and pink bed sheets and pink rugs for me it looked like a smaller version of her actual room. The girl always wanted to make a room her own literally. Which is why I didn't bother telling her where I'm staying at cause I know for a fact that she would try to claim space. Leaving me with nothing.

Walking the gothic halls to her class deterred me, just spending time there would feel agonizing. Pulling on the door only to realize its locked. She knew I was going to come why would she lock it. She just loved making students have to knock. Part of me just wanted to turn around and leave, but I can't not if I'm given more detentions with her no less.

Knocking on the door I could hear the shifting and the heels against the stone approaching the door, I felt nervous overthinking that she would just be there, of course she'll be there but the thought of seeing her ice cold blue eyes made my heart race. It was the simple presence of having her before me that caused me to feel this emotion.

I kept anticipating her on the other side of the door; it felt like I've been standing here for far longer than what it actually was. But once I saw her I wished the door was still closed her aroma just flowed out wrapping my lungs under its own captivity, I wouldn't mind staying under it. Biting my cheek keeping myself from thinking these immodest thoughts. It was not easy keeping myself from staring at her, it took some self-restraint to just keep from body scanning her.

"take a seat in the front desks." She said walking to her desk. I walked to the desk nearest to the door far from her desk. Glancing at the clock that hung in the front wall above the whiteboard it read 3pm it was midday and here I was keeping my self busy or at least I tried doing my homework to avoid doing it at home and as a distraction, but once in awhile I saw Mrs. Lear working grading papers. What still got to me was that she gave me detention with her and not Mrs. Macalester so I decided to get an answer even if it meant breaking my silent treatment.

"Mrs. Lear." I called out grabbing her attention from her work.
"yes, Haile?" she asked saying my name in a manner I actually liked it, its weird how my simple first name sounded coming out of her red plump lips. I wanted her to say it again but back to what I was going to ask.

"Why am I having detention with you and not Mrs. Macalester?" I said

Mrs. Lear placed her red pen down along with her glasses, if anything I'd like for her to keep them on but its not like I can ask her to put them back on cause she looks hot with them on. Her ice baby blue eyes set on me making me feel apprehensive just to be under her stare.

"Its simple Haile you arrived late." She said forthright with her brow risen and her leg crossed I knew she wasn't being all to honest with me, but I didn't care all I wanted to know was why was detention in her class.
"yea I know but why am I serving it here with you?" I repeated

"Why, because I said so, do you need anymore explanations." she said more than asked irritated with me. I wouldn't ask again, heck no not if it sounded like she wanted to give me more detentions for a simple question. Mrs. Lear could be serious when she wanted to be and I liked it. She didn't take misconducts and unnecessary inquiries. Breaking our eye contact I packed my things since I've been here for an hour already detention usually lasts for that long, Mrs. Lear just ignored me further on I waited for five more minutes but it was clear that she wasn't going to call to dismiss me.

"Mrs. Lear." I called she hummed in response so I took that as a sign to ask. "Can I leave now? Its been an hour." I said eagerly waiting to be dismissed. Nothing to do with not wanting to be near Mrs. Lear its just I couldn't understand why my guard seems to go away but at the same time I sought her attention whither for good or bad. It was an intoxicating feeling that I kindled in, as well as feared. Opening up to her was what I wanted to avoid, as long as she was unaware of who I was the better for me.
"Seems like time passed fast." She said gathering her things which confused me even more, shouldn't she be dismissing me by now. Connecting my brows confused, that Mrs. Lear wouldn't just let me go home. This only reminded me of this mornings drive to school it was her unprofessional intentions that caused her to give me a ride if I were just a random student she wouldn't give me this special treatment, if detention with her was considered special treatment it was torture for me! how could she expect me to have control of my wolf like she had of hers. She's an adult me on the other hand I'm what you call a hormonal teen disaster. Yet here I was suppressing all those lewd thoughts, I never had these feelings before not for any girl sorta I'm no saint, yes one can appreciate the beauty one holds but to think of the acts one wishes to conduct on them was beyond me at times.