Page 8

Haile J.L -P.O.V

I use to think that romantics were fools those songs of love were just for suckers. My wolf is the biggest sucker there is. The animal inside of me kept urging me to kill the guy Mr. Harris and display it to Veronicas wolf. As if that would be enough to demonstrate who had full claim over her. I couldn't go home not till I got this all out of my system.

I felt rage coursing through me it was like my wolf was casting her pain at me we're both two different half's but the same like the good to our bad just an extra emotion that we had to accept. I had to keep reminding myself that she left more like that's what kept repeating itself over and over that I had to say it out loud just to see if hearing it be spoken would let me be. But that just made things worse I racked my silverware Nancy replaced it with plastic. She thought I'd break them again so she assumed plastic was the best option. After that I ditched Mrs. Lear's classes, told Valéry and my cousin how things were they seemed to understand how being rejected felt like but I felt like they were just being nice over that delicate subject. They didn't push to know who I was mated too even Scarlet was let in the conversation. Scarlet asked why I hid my werewolf side I simply shrugged and said just cause I wanted to.

Here I was sulking in the woods, it felt cold as the rain drizzled down on the forest grounds the earths musk smell of dirt and trees. My clothes were scattered somewhere in the forest completely ruined. I didn't want to change into my werewolf but it just happened it kept hammering inside me causing my skin to ach and my muscles kept contracting to the point that I ran into the woods, avoiding the lurking eyes. Before I knew it, it was late the sun no longer set on the gray covered skies and here I was sitting next to a half eaten deer. The scent of blood and deer smelt strong its black dull eyes still opened as its neck had a big chunk missing. I took out my rage on the creature which was better than having a dead mans life hung on my consciences. I had to dispose of this body before it attracted actual wolves or mountain lions I debated on finishing it but I was already too full. The smell was faint but I knew something was coming pulling the dear carcass between some trees and small tall brushes of grass leaving it there to be sought out by whoever was approaching I head on the other side ready to pounce on the trespasser. It was an amber gold furred wolf it was a beautiful color by its frame it was a female although she was a little bigger than me. My wolf was brown with little different shades in my face but other than that nothing special.

I kept waiting for her to leave but she was sniffing out my kill, if she eats it I could make an escape. She turned back too close to my hiding spot but she wasn't facing my direction she seemed to be sniffing me out If I make a run right now she'll start to chase me down. I know I'm not going to be able to out run her fighting was out of the question she was bigger than me. Doesn't mean I'll lose but it could take a while to take down this wolf.

Smelling the scent I realized that it was Veronica in her wolf form. This changes everything, why was she looking for me? it wasn't like her to come here especially not for me not when she made it clear she wanted nothing to do with my existence, not after finding out I'm the reason Grayson and her couldn't elope.

A growling rumble vibrated through my ribcage the idea of her and him got me unsettling my wolf to growl its claim. Right now was bad to be in front of her in this form all I wanted was to do something I shouldn't specially not in this form, its considered sacred.

The connection of the mating bond was strong and I want it. It has to be her whether she like it or not, if not than she should tell me in both forms its only fair. Nothings fair especially with this mating beacon that summons some part of me and messes with my focus, mates aren't everything. Get her, claim her, obtain what's rightfully mine. Those were the greedy thoughts that kept screaming at me as if I didn't do this someone else would just like Grayson. Look where that got him dead but it wasn't my fault he fell for her she's amazing.