7- open up to me

Começar do início

"Aye." Caleb says and comes over to us. "I am pretty hot aye?"

"For sure." I say, my tone thick with sarcasm.

"Please don't hate me ok?" Caleb says with a puppy face.

"Well the only things you've said to me were rude."

"I don't know you well and I am kinda used to being an ass."

"Bad habits die hard." I say. "But fine....you better not act all salty again."

"I'll get sweet." He says cheekily.

"Get sweet with someone else." A familiar voice says from behind me. I groan when hunter stands next to me, protectively.

"sweet with maya." I mutter and she splutters on her water, spitting it onto the dirt. Caleb laughs causing Maya to cough but manage a smile.

Hunter clears his throat so I nudge him in the ribs. "You've got some strong elbows muffin."

"I only use them on idiots." Well not on Trevor. A guilty part of me thinks. I should've defended myself but I was truly afraid of him killing me.

He laughs and pulls me to his chest. "You love it." He says playfully.

"Let me go." I whine, turning to shove his chest.

I hear someone clear their throat and turn to see Bryan there.

"So...what the fuck are you guys doing?"

"You gotta problem?" hunter jokes.

"Actually no, I don't. But if you use her I will kill you."

"And I'll rip off your dick." Maya adds and I laugh.

"Trust me she will." Ruby says and Caleb smirks at Maya.

"You can do anything you want with my d-"

"No no no. Too much." I cringe but it's nice to see that everyone is getting along.

Hunter laughs at Caleb. "That's it. I've gotta keep Hunter Jr safe so I won't hurt her intentionally." Hunter says, still holding me.

I chuckle and Hunter smirks down at me. So I elbow him again and he lets me go. My turn to smirk.

"Anyway...use protection!" Bryan says before ruffling my hair.

I blush even harder and whack him on the back of his head as he walks to grab his bag.

"quit leaning on my car." He yells to Hunter but Hunter doesn't move an inch.

"There isn't many people here aye?" I say looking around at the other few cars. 

"Nah everyone's too pussy to come outside." Hunter says and I snort. "But it is fun, trust me."

"You two, go get some sticks for marshmallows." Maya says to Hunter and I, "Have fun." She whispers as we pass her. 

"I never thought of you as the camping type." I say as we trudge through the overgrown bush.

"I used to go camping a lot when I was younger." He says, dragging a stick along the dirt.

"Oh ok. I wish I could've." I say sadly, dark memories flooding my brain.

"Why didn't you?" He asks stopping and facing me. I'm forced to stand there awkardly.

"My family wasn't the best to you know, be around." I avoid his eyes and hold back the emotions.

"Hey... look at me." He lifts up my chin. "Mine wasn't the best either." Then I'm confused. He has a great family who love him and a nice place to call home, what more could you ask for?

He seems to see my confusion and sighs. "My uh, dad died last year." He lets go of my chin and digs the stick into the dirt.

Even people with such happy lives can still suffer at some point. I thought I was alone, and I was acting all bitchy just because he blocked me out. But there was so much more to it. He lost someone he loved. I never had to go through that loss, I just had the suffering. I didn't grow attached to someone then have them taken away. 

And that's when I break down into ugly ass sobs. Hunter is quick to embrace me and I sink into his hoodie, muffling my crying.

"Shh it's not your fault B." But I already know that. 

"I know that....but I couldn't see that you were hurting." I say quietly.

"I blocked you out B. You couldn't have helped that and I'm so fucking dumb for doing it." He says into my hair. "I should've told you." 

I cry even harder because I should've told him about Trevor. So I sit down on the grass, hold my chin up and wipe my eyes, ready to open up to the last person I thought I'd tell. 

heyyyy, so thanks for 125 reads, ik its not alot but i appreciate every read and vote so much. xx

-L