Ch 14 | Keep a close eye on me

----------------------------- A N --------------------------

I'm sorry to put this on top, but the picture with this is the outfit that I envision Yanida wearing on a daily basis. Just thought you might like it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

P.o.v. Rogue Cheney

When Frosch came back inside and climbed on my bed again I heard Yanida's medallions. I looked up to the door and saw her coming up to me, a bit uncomfortable with her hands together behind her back. She walked very slowly as if she was trying not to scare a deer, and when she stopped in front of my bedpost she didn't know what to do with her hands. In the end, she just held them in front of her looking up to me, not knowing what to say, so I helped her.

"You were right, about who would win the battle," I told her and I smiled a little, in the meantime, I also tried to sit straighter in the infirmary bed. "No! I mean- yes, but", she exclaimed holding her hands in front of her trying to explain herself, "I mean", and she shook her head a bit, "during your fight, I thought several times that maybe I was wrong. You and Sting are amazing! And together, it's like nothing I ever saw before! Now I fully understand why people call you guys the Twin Dragon Slayers, you two are in complete sync. Which can't be said about Gajeel and Natsu." Talking about the battle made her talk faster and more excited, she was speaking with her entire body trying to imitate moves she thought were amazing.

Watching her like this makes me smile effortlessly. "I'm glad you liked it," I told her after she ended her retelling of the fight. Suddenly she remembered where she was and her shy blanket popped up again; "I did! But that doesn't mean I like that you and Sting are laying here." She explained herself trying her best not to hurt my feelings, but I just laughed out loud. My laughter made her ease up a bit, and she looked more comfortable standing there.

"Why are you acting so shy, it's not like we haven't spoken before?" I asked her catching her off guard when she was eyeing Sting suspiciously. Her head turned my way again; "I just, don't want you to get in trouble because of me. If one of your teammates comes visiting you, or if Sting wakes up they are going to ask questions. I'm guessing your master won't look kindly on a member associating themselves with another competing guild." She explains pouring her thoughts out grabbing the iron railing from the end of the bed.

"You don't have to worry, I don't think a guild member will be visiting us. And when Sting falls asleep like that, he won't wake up for four hours", I told her, trying to comfort her, "Don't you want to sit down?" I asked gesturing to the chair on my right.

She gladly took my offer and settled herself. "So, how are you feeling?" she asked politely. "I'm not feeling any pain, but I think the nurse gave me a lot of painkillers." I grinned at her noticing how the sun's rays fell on her face. "That sounds not too bad, but I meant feeling emotional. You finally had the chance to fight against Gajeel but Natsu took that somewhat away."

I needed some time to form an honest answer, I don't want to brush her off with an; 'I'm okay' because I know she won't take that as an answer. "I got one piece of a fight with him, I mean one on one. But that didn't mean anything, he wasn't trying his best yet and I'm fine with it. But I'm surely going to try my best to find Gajeel tomorrow and have that fight. I've waited for so long already, so I can wait another day."

She nodded at me, looking like I made her proud somehow. "I'm glad that you're so patient with that." And smiled at me, it reached her eyes and made them glisten.

I frowned a bit, 'why am I so concentrated on how she looks, it's just because she's pretty right? But still, I find more woman pretty where I don't have the tendency to print their face on my eyelid, just so I won't forget how they look right here, right now.'