Ch 10 | Impulsive moments

P.o.v Yanida Clover

"So, why are we looking at socks again," Warren asked me still confused about why I dragged him to the market at 8 a.m. "You saw what happened yesterday", I answered looking at a pair of socks with little bananas on it. When I looked at Warren's face, he still didn't know what I was talking about: "Kuruhebi tore the sock of Toby in pieces", I reminded him, "I just thought, that maybe if I buy him a pair of new ones that he might cheer up a bit." I told him grabbing a pair of white socks getting back to my 'quest'.

Warren did not reply for a solid 5 minutes, and I turned my head again, he looked moved: "That's just the nicest thing Yanida!" I giggled to hide the fact that I was blushing and a bit embarrassed by the sudden compliment.

"Hey, what do you think about socks with little dog bones on?" Warren asked after a few minutes frantically looking for the perfect pair. I walked up to him, "Wow! Yes, they are perfect. His appearance really does make you think he likes dogs." I thought out loud knitting my eyebrows together.

We looked further for another pair but there wasn't another one that could top the pair that Warren found. So, I paid for the dog bone pair and we left the shop to go to the inn. Everyone was gathered in Bar Sun awaiting the time to go to the arena.

p.o.v. Rogue Cheney

"The challenge this time is called; Pandemonium, does that mean you'll have to fight demons?" Sting asked curiously for the next game. "In that case! We need strength, so I'll participate in this one." Orga told us, flexing his muscled making some girls swoon that we passed. We walked towards the stadium, passing the market and several restaurants. The time that we needed to arrive at the entrance Orga and Sting argued about who would be the perfect person to attend the game today. They lost my interest in their conversation the moment it started, and I just walked behind them looking around at random people drinking their problems away or buying groceries.

When we arrived at the entrance of the arena some members from Lamia Scale and Fairy Tail were gathered. 'what is going on? A fight?' I ignored my teammates and walked over to where the commotion was coming from, listening very carefully at the conversation.

"-bought this for me?" I heard that Toby guy from yesterday's battles, tear up but I couldn't get close enough to see who he was talking to. "These are even more beautiful than my first pair!" he exclaimed, "Oh, it's not a problem. I just wanted to make you feel better after yesterday. After all, Warren found the pair." There it was, Yanida's silvery voice. But what is going on here, she gave Toby a present? Some people fans left the scene when they knew what was going on, so I could get a bit closer and have a view. "I will not lose these socks for sure!" Toby exclaimed crying like a madman. "Oh, don't cry it's nothing special." Yanida tried to comfort him and looking helpless doing so. "Don't feel sorry, Toby is just really happy with your gift," Sherria told Yanida patting Toby on his back. Yanida smiled her effortlessly wide smiles and shifted weight from side to side scratching the back of her head like she didn't know what to do with herself under all this attention.

I didn't want people to notice me listening in on their conversation, so I left as soon as I knew what was going on. It seemed that the others of my team already left for our box, so I walked calmly through the cramped hallway easily moving between the anticipating fans trying to find the best spot. She seemed so different from what I've seen from her this far, this girl is so confusing. First, she seemed like an extraverted daredevil, driven by her instincts. Then she apparently was a model for the Weekly Sorcerer and had a pin-up model battle for the whole stadium to watch, last night she was even more reckless than I thought. And now she looks like an introverted amiable little girl, if I would only have seen her during this conversation, I would have brushed her off as a fragile person not knowing about all the power she conceals.